Dumaguete Info Search

Why Not 18-65 only

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by PatO, Jun 5, 2021.

1. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    When my helper did a take out at Why Not this morning he told me only 18-65 allowed to enter now.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Senjenbing

Senjenbing DI Forum Adept Veteran Marines Navy

Milliways - at the end of time and matter
    Ratings:
    +419 / 198
    It's 18-60 at Moon Cafe......and the place was empty

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    Correction 18-60 only allowed

• Like Like x 2
  4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    The elderly are in the highest risk category. They are not supposed to leave their homes, according to the IATF. This is just their way of enforcing the rules (fine businesses for serving people that didn't be outside their homes).

As for not allowing children...thank God. We can eat in peace now. I think this rule should be adopted permanently. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure these two things are related. Plenty of other places hurting for customers right now that don't rely on the elderly. Though maybe aging and malfunctioning taste buds are what has kept the Moooooooon (how many O's do they have in the name these days?) Cafe in business all these years.

Had the police stop by a restobar I was at last night (my gf and I were the only customers...and we were sitting at opposite sides of the table) and when I pulled my mask down to take a drink the police quickly told me to wear my mask properly. I was wearing my mask (over my mouth AND nose) at the table while not taking a drink or eating. I'm not sure how I was supposed to eat and drink with my mask completely over my mouth and nose. If this is the kind of attitude the police are having towards people following the rules I can understand why people would be hesitant to go out and support local business that are allowed to be open.

But whatever, I'm sure that, like always, this enforcement will be short lived.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    Not sure what they police would say (or your gf!), but:

FVTA.png

• Funny Funny x 5
  6. charlyB

charlyB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,105 / 333
    Agree,
    also what about all the underage children running around the streets, most with no masks and all with zero social distancing

7. charlyB

charlyB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,105 / 333
    Does anybody know if the staff or police are asking to see I.D. with date of birth ?

8. charlyB

charlyB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,105 / 333
    So they seriously expect you to pull your mask down just when you put in a spoonful or take a drink then pull it back up....

9. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I don't know what they were expecting. I just put my mask up and waited for them to leave (took less than a minute and their little mask enforcement squad was off to bug someone else).

10. charlyB

charlyB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,105 / 333
    We went along the boulevard yesterday afternoon and there were a lot of expats in the eating / drinking places that if they were not over 60 then they must have had a very hard life.

• Funny Funny x 9