Dumaguete Info Search

Review Why not boulevard

Discussion in 'Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment' started by alesypalsy, Feb 1, 2017.

1. alesypalsy

alesypalsy DI Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 5
    IMG_7225.JPG Well all I can say is fantastic!
    Went in late afternoon and ordered fish and chips, out came a feast at 195 pesos , lovely bartered dorado fish in huge chunks along with very large perfectly cooked chips , it was a struggle to finish the meal as so large,
    Kudos to This place I am more then impressed with the price , service and quality of food .
    Had a full meal, ice cream dessert , and 3 or 4 beers , sat for around 2 hours watching the world go by at a cost of 390 odd pesos!
    Great job why not

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Had the same meal at eldorado last week for the same price,very good and the service,again couldnt finish it as was a large portion. Its not that difficult to get things right when it comes to food.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    I guess it would be Davy on both points as they are both owned/Operated by the same people but have to agree, both venues are Good.:thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I've always enjoyed the food (and dinks) at Why Not. Been a very loyal and frequent customer to that establishment since day 1 in Dumaguete. Price to serving size/quality has always been one of the best in the Visayas.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Shame a few other dont learn how to do it properly and consistent good food and prices.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    I can't agree more, I have never had a bad meal there. Last week I had Canadian visitors and took them there along with my family. (5 of us) All of us had a feast! I had the fantastic TexMex Lasagna and a salid (waitress was shocked I ate the whole thing). Every one ordered something different and everyone was happy. 5 great meals, extra large salid 3 to 5 beers each for adults and chocolate shake for my daughter. All for around P2,100 and 3 out of 5 took home doggy bags. Very well done why Not..

• Like Like x 4
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
  7. tis me

tis me DI Member

Ratings:
    +196 / 45
    Two of my favorite places to dine out in Dumaguete is Why Not and Casa Blanca, mainly because of good value for the peso, and never had a bad meal at either

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Jimmy D.

Jimmy D. DI New Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Yap,
    Been there, done that 10 years ago. Glad to read it is still open

How about the bar/disco?

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2017
  9. Outcast

Outcast DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +335 / 128
    The old horseshoe bar is gone, that part became restaurant space. Now people sit around outside to drink. Disco still going.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Jimmy D.

Jimmy D. DI New Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Been there done that.