Dumaguete Info Search

Siquijor Wife afraid

Discussion in 'Surrounding Areas' started by doromaner, Mar 12, 2012.

1. doromaner

doromaner DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My wife is from Cebu with many relatives in Duma and she refuses to let me traval to Siquijor. She truly believes that people can touch you and make you sick with a curse. I myself do no buy into all this nonsense and would like to see the island. Do any of you guys have a wife or girlfriend that has these views about Siquijor?

2. Cutie ladybug

Cutie ladybug DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There's a rumor in my brgy about this guy who was dating a hunchbacked girl from Siquijor..He was living far south of Dgte, he broke up with her after she got pregnant, then he fell ill and his stomach became swollen quite large.

The local quack doctor suggested he get back together with her; it went away when he did.

That was ten over years ago, they have 3 kids now.

3. Cutie ladybug

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Otherwise lots of people visit Siquijor with no nasty after effects. Go for it!

4. Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    It's a bit strange how people who are staunch catholics can also believe this mumbo-jumbo.
    It's on a par with troglodytes, the Yeti and the Loch Ness Monster.

5. OP
    OP
    doromaner

doromaner DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Exactly, my wife has a bachelors degree from University of Cebu and is not stupid, but she says she has witnessed things herself. Her dad was raised in Duma and she grew up hearing stories. When I told her I would go without her she asked me not to, but it looks to me like some of the whitest sand beaches close to Duma are on Siquijor.

6. OP
    OP
    doromaner

doromaner DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That's Funny.

7. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    It is normal that Pinays are scared of Siquijor and don't let their asawas going there. The two-horned witches of that island can be pretty desperate to get a ride on a new broomstick. Male visitors are endangered to get the blood drained from their brains and focus thinking on more central areas of the body. Once in a while those witches get even into the boundaries of resorts and hotels at nighttime to possess the poor souls of the visitors. The bewildered sounds of their black magic ritual is occasionally heard throughout the whole location. I had to witness that a few times and it really scared me.

One options to keep them off is NOT to shower for a week before visiting Siquijor, eat daily tons of garlic and NO electric Fan or Aircon in the room you stay... makes lonely but you stay safe... otherwise it is really the best to follow your asawas advice, not to visit Siquijor.

8. RMNImmigration

RMNImmigration DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hahahha nice post there Sir.

9. Cutie ladybug

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The story I told is true. The couple lives very close to my parents and I see them regularly

10. Tubig 2020

Tubig 2020 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    What do you belive Doromaner? Siquijor is a nice place, just go there and find out for your self. People are nice just like other places in Phil. Have been there and enjoy the stay. :smile::cool: