Dumaguete Info Search

window tinting

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by SLK, May 6, 2010.

1. SLK

SLK DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My partner and I were dropping off laundry near the airport when a random guy on a cycle noticed we were straining our eyes in the sun through the windows of our "new" Rusco and he handed us his business card. ERWIN CAR TINTING - Free Home Service.

We called him a few days later and he tinted said Rusco in our driveway in Bulok Dauin. His business card said he had many different tints to choose from but in fact he had only one but it still looks good. Cost: 3,300

2. OP
    OP
    SLK

SLK DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Oops...I guess I should let you know Erwin's #!
    09 29 567 4884

3. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    Great info! 3,300P for how many windows? 3? What color tint?

4. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Unless it was a van and they did all the windows, kinda pricy! We had a Mitsubishi truck done for a client, the cost was P1700.

Larry

5. OP
    OP
    SLK

SLK DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    1,700 wow!

1700 is a steal! Please tell us who did your tinting...

6. kelpguy

kelpguy DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +673 / 92
    car window tint shops?

any current recommendations for car window tint shops?
    my last car (in panamá) had a medium window tint that had a mirror/silver look from outside, it was excellent for keeping the car interior cool compared to other vehicles i've been in that had tints that look black from the outside.

i stopped by the glass place across from the duma police station on the corner of josé pro teves and locsin and they have a film that looks to be the same as i had before. they quoted me 4,500p for all windows on a suzuki mini van. that's about what i paid in pmá for 3m film.

thxs...
    norm : ))~~

7. SurfinUSA

SurfinUSA DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    There is fake 3M tint around, so be careful. I think the real stuff uses dots to form the 3M logo on it, where the fake stuff just has block letters?

Cang's behind LP sells 3M, about a dollar an inch, but it is wide enough you can probably do two windows out of a section.

8. kelpguy

kelpguy DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +673 / 92
    to follow up on having the windows tinted for a suzuki van:

i went to a duma tint shop, told them what i wanted, talked about heat transfer, tint color, etc. looked at another vehicle they did and made a deal with them. it took them 3 hours longer to do the job than estimated and i picked up my vehicle as they where closing up. they left a mess (gobs of glue) in the vehicle and... i didn't realize it til much later on but one window had bubbles under the film and the film they installed didn't appear to be the one we talked about and it didn't do a lot to block heat transfer and i still cooked inside the vehicle cuz the air-con unit couldn't keep up.

recently, i priced 3M black chrome window film from Cang's (downtown) and asked the clerk if she could refer an installer. she did, i bought the film and i used the installer and he did an excellent job compared to tint shops i've been to both here and abroad. he was also very fast (1/2 day) and neat compared to the 1st shop i used. the 3M film is lighter in color and blocks heat transfer much better than the film it replaced which was sposed to be good stuff. the air-con can keep up now : )

the total cost for the 3M tint and installation was *considerable* less than bids i got from tint shops in duma, in fact it was about the same price i paid to have brand x installed earlier.

the installer is an independent who installs for various car dealers and shops in the area. he did my vehicle under a mango tree at his home, p800 installation for the installation.

3M site: http://tinyurl.com/3ftyp3v

norm : ))~

9. Manzanita

Manzanita DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    3M's magic tint is about the best available. If you go for the cheap tint job, you'll have another opportunity to do it right in a year or less.
    Professionally done tint with quality film is not cheap.