Dumaguete Info Search

wondering

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by IndaysaCebu, Feb 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IndaysaCebu

IndaysaCebu Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Food for thought, I have never been to another place except Bacolod and Manila and Tagaytay. I wonder if it is worthwhile visiting Dumaguete, what do they have there? Its a shame that a filipino like me has been to other parts of the world and I am entirely ignorant of my own place, I mean the Philippines. I guess I am scared of what I read and seen on papers of what goes on in some parts of the country.

2. spectre

spectre DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    well, there's silliman university, the first protestant school in the philippines. i'm not sure if the silliman main library still holds the record for being the largest library in the philippines. there's a lot of history found in silliman university.

then there's st. paul university, run by nuns, the first of its kind. plus lotsa other schools and universities making it dumaguete a university town.

then there's the bell tower w/c served as a warning post for marauders.

dumaguete also happens to be the motorcycle capital in the philippines. you won't find as many motorbikes anywhere else.

dumaguete also serves as a hub for nearby nature sites such as casaroro falls, twin falls, pulangbato falls, kaipohan vents, mt. talinis, lake balinsasayao, mabinay caves, apo island, etc

the food is affordable and you have almost everything you need within reach.

it is also accessible by sea, air and land. you should come visit here someday.

3. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.