Dumaguete Info Search

Working wives

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by OzeMike, May 1, 2018.

Tags:
  1. OzeMike

OzeMike DI Forum Adept

Retired
    Ratings:
    +621 / 46
    Blood Type:
    O+
    My previous Filipina partner of 10yrs worked in supermarkets in Cebu City when we lived there. It was 7 days aweek 10 hrs a day for (back in 2008) P2,000 approx a week. After 2years working different supermarkets I asked her to stop working and I would give her what she earned as I prefered to have her at home and going out together.

My new Filipina partner here in Dumaguete (we have no children) works less than half a day 3 days a week running dance lessons for children which is fine. Now she has been given the chance of a call center job which is 8hrs a day weekly shifts 7 days a week. I'm not keen on her working 7 days a week 5 is ok maybe.

I have always liked female company at home and do not like living on my own. Particularily now I'm retired.
    I wonder do other forum members have working wives and how are they with it? Or stopped their wives working as I did with my previous partner.

2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    For me Mike I think I am one of the Pretty Lucky members here, My wife has had her job for 19+ years that it is Mon to Fri 8 till 5 and is now in a senior position, although I do moan about the out of Hours unpaid work & Activities that crops up from time to time the benefits are good She retires in 8+ Years and now I sometimes sit and wonder if I actually, want her under my feet when the time comes, I have sort of Got Selfish in my ways again. I am not Lonely by any means but I value my own Time :bookworm:

3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I don't think it is fair to ask a younger woman to put her career on pause. They are missing out on valuable experience and career advancement opportunities. I think asking them to quit their jobs is setting them up for failure....especially if they are dating older men that won't be around to take care of their financial needs in a decade or less.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    You know mine works, Mike. I admire her enthusiasm. At first I thought it was an excuse to get out of the house because I am boring to be with :clown::clown::clown::clown: but now I see she wants to secure her future and her families future and not be dependent on me nor leech from me when her family needs something. She likes to feel independent and her business gives her that feeling. Also, when she gets home we enjoy each other's company more due to being apart. In addition, I like myself. I like the freedom to do what I want when I want and I enjoy that.

As a final statement on this, I have been told "if you really want me to stay home with you I will do that" and I realized I would rather have her working and happy than staying home and feeling like I have to entertain her because she doesn't really want to be there. So I told her to go to work if that is what she wants and I decided to myself that if it did not make me happy I'd just break it off and find a relationship that does make me happy. Pretty simple really, but after trying it I like it.

• Like Like x 6
  5. OP
    OP
    OzeMike

OzeMike DI Forum Adept

Retired
    Ratings:
    +621 / 46
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Fully understand that is a good situation to be in Jack. I guess you can get to like long periods of own time I have never been in this situation. I guess I would adapt and get use to it.

• Like Like x 2
  6. OP
    OP
    OzeMike

OzeMike DI Forum Adept

Retired
    Ratings:
    +621 / 46
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Yes feel the same way Wrye and want to see her build a career for when I've gone. I guess we do become selfish when we become older. I just feel her working 7 days a week is too much I might as well live on my own!

7. OP
    OP
    OzeMike

OzeMike DI Forum Adept

Retired
    Ratings:
    +621 / 46
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Thanks Dave yes it works for you and it shows me it can work as I know you guys are very happy. Thanks for your input buddy.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    7 days a week is too much. Doesn't give any time for any fun.

Have you thought of encouraging her to open her own business?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    OzeMike

OzeMike DI Forum Adept

Retired
    Ratings:
    +621 / 46
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Yes we have chatted about possibilities she is an amazing athlete (national finals in Mai Tai) and dancer and could have a career as a dance instructor. The problem is finding a suitable venue to run the classes. Could be on a 60/40 venue split. I sure there are places suitable but it's finding them.

Last edited: May 1, 2018
  10. Dr. Shiva

Dr. Shiva DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 165
    Blood Type:
    O-
    Sounds also about a well combination to become a fitness instructor. The issue is about where to learn fitness instructor.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1