Dumaguete Info Search

World citizens rights in the Philipppines

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by babel-fish, Sep 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. babel-fish

babel-fish DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    In the past when I have had cause for complaint such as very bad service or that someone has taken me for a sucker, such as in my early days here a taxi driver grossly overcharged me in Cebu. I have been told I do not have any rights here in the Philippines because I am a foreigner.

Not so long ago I decided to do a check list of my rights and was quiet surprised to find that the only rights I seeming do not have is to buy land and not having the rights to carry a fire arm. There of course are the restrictions that can be mounted concerning work or business.

I have the extra rights of being able to go to most countries in the world with out being vetted or requiring a visa before leaving to my destination. And in Hong Kong I get an automatic 6 Month visa where as a Filipino ony gets 14 days of which I think is as wrong as restrictions here.

When comes to lack of rights as a world citizen in legal issues I have the same course of action and can take any Filipino to court for a felony or fraud etc. etc.

What I am interested in is any further rights that a foreigner may of lost as a tourist or husband or resident? I would love full enlightenment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.