Dumaguete Info Search

world cricket

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by ruanard, Mar 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruanard

ruanard DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sure would be nice to see Sri Lanka win
    always rooting for the underdogs :smile:

2. Firefly44

Firefly44 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +71 / 4
    Just wondering if all the games have been available to view or record on sports channels ? ( It's been great cricket } There in Duma.

3. Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    Thankfully no.

It used to be a sporting and dignified pastime, played on the quintessential English village green, undertaken by gentlemen players dressed in white flannels and cricket caps.

Now, the batsmen wear headgear more suited to American football, the bowlers cheat by tampering with the ball to give an unpredictable bounce, appreciative applause has been replaced by shouts and screams, hugs and kisses and high fives, the team colours now look like an explosion in a paint factory, and international Test players are sent home in disgrace for fixing matches.

Cricket has all the charm of an open coffin, and is even less appealing (and less challenging) than trying to have sex with Mike Tyson. :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Kenny

Kenny DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Tell us how you really feel.

5. Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    Hahaha. Don't think I could have put it any clearer, but the opinion expressed is mine, and mine alone. Cricket is there for those that enjoy it, and there are a great many that do, so good for them. It's just that there is a misconception that all Englishmen are cricket fanatics; many are, but just as many arn't and it just doesn't ring my bell. For me, watching cricket is like watching paint dry.:D

6. Kenny

Kenny DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Sorry I was just being a wise guy:D but I suspect that televised cricket appeals to the same type of viewer who watches televised chess matches or American baseball for that matter.

7. Firefly44

Firefly44 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +71 / 4
    The world cup of Cricket 50 six ball overs each team played only every four years a truly great show.
    Ireland defeated England earlier in the tournament Kevin O'Brien scoring 100+ of 50 balls. Now Sri Lanka v India in the final coming up. Progress has brought color, noise and excitement. Whites and English Greens Ha.

8. OP
    OP
    ruanard

ruanard DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Agree
    better than the 3/5 day events
    as an Irishman was happy to see us put on over the brits :smile:
    2 actually was in dublin to watch the rugby the folowing week
    that was sweet :smile:

9. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Enjoy while you can mate lol. The Ashes is the big one. bring on the Ozzies :D

10. Firefly44

Firefly44 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +71 / 4
    Well done to India. After a great ininngs by Sri-Lanka. what a great showcase for the sometimes Boring ( 5 day ) Cricket ( ashes included:smile::smile:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.