Dumaguete Info Search

world's least rude country?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by atlargex, Apr 14, 2012.

1. atlargex

atlargex DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Here's something positive......

Despite some of the commonly mentioned unrefined characteristics of our host on DI, Philippines is ranked along with Brazil and Thailand by Skyscanner.com as among the least rude country for visiting travelers.

Where are the world

2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I would be polite and smiling if I could charge someone 4 times, and sometimes more, the local retail value as well.

3. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    When I clicked Like, it was for the least rude country for visiting travelers. not the host of Di as a negative. Cheers Rhoody.
    Ron

4. andiflip

andiflip DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +491 / 173
    Who rights this crap,, in my definition of rude it includes people who have no respect for other people. Most of the locals could give a sh*t about their own neighbors including expats, playing the karaoke at 5 in the morning, roaring up and down the road in the middle of the night with no mufflers or loud pipes on their bike, going home in groups at 3 or 4 in the morning yapping and laughing their heads off while everyone else is trying to sleep..Throwing their garbage everywhere, pissing on everything like a stray dog, shooting everything that moves whether they can eat it or not. I have spend a considerable amount of time in Brazil and Thailand and the RP isn't even close to being in the same league.O-|

5. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    DI is hosted on Liquidweb, they are pretty much the top notch when it comes to dedicated server, very helpful and not rhoode at all :smile:

Link - Liquidweb

6. Jopliniac

Jopliniac DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sir, it's "writes", not "rights".

I see, it's really true that everything is subjective and situational. I have never been biased and have always been objective.
    Yes, you could be true since that is your experience sir, and that must be irritating and annoying, for sure. Esp the karaokes! yikes!
    But as for my experience so far, nope. We don't have those. OR at least maybe i lived and live in a place where people are really respectful and mindful of the others.
    Or maybe it's just the cultural difference, since we are not really bothered by it i think. (referring to the noisy karaokes, nobody loves them btw! and most esp the noisy bikes! gosh. I swear, everybody just wishes the drivers of such bikes will crash!)

7. bobby01

bobby01 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    so right, feel the same way

8. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    So, from that I would have to assume you have never driven or walked downtown, where the norm is to step/pull in front of you without so much as a glance, then stop to text or talk to their friend, most commonly done in intersections, stairwells, or escalators? I would have to assume you have never had the occasion to be stuck behind two motorcycle drivers, side by side, who seem to have to catch up on their weekly tsismis while completely blocking the road at 5 KPH? I would have to assume you have never had the occasion to try to get through traffic while pedicab drivers drive staggered in front of you, blocking the entire road so nobody can possibly pass, then making a U-turn without so much as a nod in the direction they are going? I would have assume you have never been waiting patiently in line at the ATM while someone who thinks he is important steps in front of everyone and pokes his card in, totally ignoring the other eight people who have been waiting patiently for their rightful turn?? I would have to assume that you have never been going to purchase a movie ticket, and have a couple CHARGE in front of you, only to not be able to decide which movie they wanted to see, and then spend several minutes making this life rendering decision? (This happened to me TODAY) Also today, we had an old woman race past us with a shopping cart, literally knocking us out of the way, then stop in directly in front of us not five feet further on, because she didn't know where she wanted to go!

In short, I would have to assume you must live in a different Philippines than I have been in for the last ten years, or maybe you are just not BOTHERED by it, and/or are one of those listed above who are COMPLETELY MINDLESS and INCONSIDERATE of others!

Indeed, I would have to assume that if for whatever reason you don't notice the problem, you must be a major part of it.

Larry

9. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    Larry, you are seeing things through rose colored glasses. Many are much more rude than that. lol.

10. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    What can I say, I'm enjoying life and tend to be more forgiving than some!

Larry