Dumaguete Info Search

Wrye or wyre

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by oztony, Aug 29, 2014.

1. oztony

oztony DI Senior Member Blood Donor

Ratings:
    +211 / 39
    Have I got this wrong or is it the other guy's , I always call Wrye , Wrye , but I notice some of the other guy's seem to always write Wyre , so whats the go fella's , JP , JB is there any more culprits Wrye or are these two the only ones we need to wrangle out of the herd . :D Just joking fella's , no harm done . :D

2. tomtorific

tomtorific DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 30
    Wrye I oughta.....O-xI

3. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    Just cant get things right, somedays, I blame the painter!

It's Me Guilty as hell I told you all, I can be Stupid some days.O-|

Of Course it is WRYE

JP:rolleyes:

4. alex

alex DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

EXPERT BOLA BOLA
    Ratings:
    +1,296 / 1,129
    As long as you don't call him late for a beer

5. baltoed

baltoed DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +18 / 6
    Well.. I might be also a culprit of spelling it Wyre..I have it in my head as Wyre for over sixty years. In Maryland we have a Wyre River, a Wyre Oak Tree ( huge and famous tourist attraction ) which apparently dropped dead after I moved here
    Wye Oak - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and if you didnt have Old Bay Crab seasoning ( sac-religious) you had Wyre River Crab seasoning ..a small die hard affectionado sector of Maryland Blue Point crab lovers/fishermen

Mea culpa..Mea culpa...Mea culpa

6. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    :Whilst I am NOT trying to excuse myself, it was an acquaintance of Wrye. that said, whilst, I was having coffee with PatO in the Mall, Yeah and Wyre has gone back to work, shortly After this Wrye did indeed tell us, that he was back to work, and then he told us, he was in Afghanistan, So guys and gals Wyre Stuck with me.

Just wondering now, why Wrye has not said anything himself. (maybe not noticing) :confused:

Wrye, never mind the colour test, send me a spell test:p

JP:cool:

7. OP
    OP
    oztony

oztony DI Senior Member Blood Donor

Ratings:
    +211 / 39
    Well I am sure when he comes online he will have a chuckle and make comment

8. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    Not the first time things have gone a'wry' on this forum

9. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    No worries. I've gotten much worse from telemarketers. Absolutely ridiculous pronunciations. Wire is a common one. "Riery", "Wree", "Wirey", "Lie" (chinese caller lol), "Rierrr....ey" and then many just have some strange sounds coming out of their mouths that I can't understand and aren't even close. It actually works in my favor as I can say, "Nope, no one here by that name." Click!

FYI: It is pronounced just as rye....as in rye break or rye whiskey. And I am NOT the Dustin Wrye that ran over and killed a person while drunk driving in New Mexico. I also do not produce a very crappy comic book, nor have I ever been arrested for possession of methamphetamine. That should narrow it down on any searches on my name. I believe there are only 3 of us in the US, the other two are pretty big screw ups.

Oddly enough, every single filipino that has made an attempt at saying my last name has gotten it correct. My first name.....not so much. I want to slap every single one of them that says, "Oh, like Justin Bieber!" In absolutely no way could I possibly be confused with that little shithead. Thanks Canada! Wish they would send that little turd back over the border.

10. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I do have a job ya-know. I occasionally have to move away from the computer. And it is color, not colour. Silly brits.....and aussies....and Canadians and the rest of the English speaking world. You guys just need to give up and understand the the American way is the right way. O--O