Dumaguete Info Search

Xbox One

Discussion in 'Hobbies and special interests' started by Rye83, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    So I bought one and first thing when turned on: "You must download a 500MBs update". Great.....after the better part of the day I'm good to go, or so I think. I throw in the Halo CD I bought with it.....the CD only holds part of the game, not the entire thing: 20GB had to be downloaded if I remember correctly. Ok, so that will take 2 days with my sh*t internet connection. So I start to look for the two games that came with the Xbox (two Assassin's Creed games). I find no such game disks in the box. There is a card with a code for the downloads of those two games from the Microsoft store. The two games totaled about 90GB. Well that should take over a week to download.

So I finally get Halo downloaded and start it up......xbox says, "You must update your xbox to play this game" (A 750MB update). FFS! So another day goes by and it finally finishes updating. I can now play Halo.

A couple days later the first Assassin's Creed game finishes downloading and I can play that as well. (No updates required for this one, thank god!) But then.......my internet goes out today and since I don't have sh*t to do I decide to play a bit.......nope, I can't even START the games one without an internet connection (note I am playing single player games OFFLINE!). Turns out the Xbox One is nothing more than a $400+ 10 pound black plastic paperweight without an internet connection. The d*mn thing won't even let me change local settings (such as changing the main screen color from black to red) without an internet connection.

Way to go Microsoft. You have created yet another POS operating system that is next to fckn useless. I loathe your gaming engineers and marketing teams. They deserve a swift kick to the nuts for being such dipshits!

2. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Correction: Halo will play off-line....after it checks the internet connection 5 times for 5 minutes each time it checks......and after asks me several times if I am ok with playing without an internet connection. It's taking me 5 minutes to load a page here so I'm going to go do that for a bit. The Afghan internet guy says it will be fixed "in minute" so I'll check to see if the internet is back up in a couple hours. (Though the Xbox might get so excited about getting an internet connection it might start shooting off fireworks. :shifty:) Out.

3. OP
    OP
    Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    No fireworks.....once the internet came back it told me Halo needed a 650MB update to continue playing......even though I was playing no problem without the update. MF! :shifty:

4. Pman

Pman DI New Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 1
    Thanks for the headsup. I'll go buy a PS3 instead. Already have ps4 and 360 back in the states. I was going to buy a Xbox one!

5. OP
    OP
    Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I have a PS3 in the Philippines. It is 100x's better than the xbox one and I really can't tell much difference in the graphics (at least for the games I have on the xbox one). The thing is completely useless without a good internet connection. Not to mention that Microsoft puts GEO codes on the consoles and restricts games and features in certain locations. I imagine they do this via GEO code AND IP addresses in case someone in a restricted zone gets a hold of one with a US GEOcode. You also have to pay Xbox a ridiculous monthly amount to be able to play online.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,977 / 1,087
  7. OP
    OP
    Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Solution: unplug the Kinect device when you aren't using it.....or simply don't get it with the Kinect.

and this:
    is simply not true. I did not get one with mine. I just ordered it 4 months ago and it did not come with one, and is not on the description list on the box.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Pman

Pman DI New Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 1
    It was initially true but they changed that due to customers getting so pissed at them and now the kinect is no longer manditory.

9. Chingon

Chingon DI Member Restricted Account Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +53 / 5
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Lol good to know...

10. horizon155

horizon155 DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor

Information Tech
    Ratings:
    +121 / 44
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Just buy a great condition Xbox 360 Elite with the Motion Kinect Sensor + games or the Playstation 3 bundle with games from me ! :smile: forgot the XBOX ONE Spying on you.. too new anyways im sure there will be 100 more "editions" of it