Dumaguete Info Search

Utilities & Mobile YAHOO Down??

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by mokum, Aug 12, 2017.

1. mokum

mokum DI Senior Member

retired
    Ratings:
    +574 / 136
    I get this message when try to log into my yahoo account.
    Wondering or I'm the only one ?

[​IMG]
    Will be right back...

Thank you for your patience.

Our engineers are working quickly to resolve the issue.

2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    How odd, ours is coming up Fine Mokum. I don't use it a lot but Tried it to give you an answer!:thumbsup:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Michael. B

Michael. B DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +194 / 12
    Yahoo working fine here in Bantayan

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    Its due to your ISP likely. The Philippines has been plagued with problems with yahoo at times getting blocked or limited access. Your ISP will never admit it but soon as you open any VPN you can get to it right easy.

5. OP
    OP
    mokum

mokum DI Senior Member

retired
    Ratings:
    +574 / 136
    Thanks but could you pls explain me what's a VNP?? I'm quite ignorant in this matters. This problem is when I use Chrome, with Firefox no problem.

6. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    A VPN is a virtual private network. You can find free ones out there but the good ones cost money. I have one that is free called Psiphon3 that is actually a program. Simple search and you can find it.

Why the half assed blocking happens really no idea but it is directed towards specific sites by the ISP's and sometimes through specific browsers. My guess is that its really more so a filter trying to keep botnet's in the Philippines and flood attacks on the isp's querying the same crap millions of times a second and the isp's p*ss poor routing failing.

Connecting through a VPN establishes you a connection outside the Philippines and when you try and do your business it ignores the Philippine ISP and HK issues as its already established an outside route to handle your business.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I have had several warnings lately that my IP Address is on the Blocked List preventing me from opening pages of some online Forums, had the offer to report it if I felt it was a mistake but did not bother after doing a quick search and discovering that many Philippines IP's are blocked as a whole and it can be difficult to have a particular IP Address unblocked especially if it is a shared IP Address where others also have the use of it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Philippine ISPs put their users behind proxy IP addresses. You likely, at times, share IP addresses with the local spammers who have been banned and had their IP addresses put on SFS.

Another issue is botnets. Most Filipinos have absolutely no idea what a "computer virus" is. If you ever buy a computer from a local best bet is to just completely wipe it and reinstall an OS because it is going to be loaded with all kinds of nasty stuff that uses your network connection.

• Informative Informative x 3