Dumaguete Info Search

YEHS outsourcing / Entheos IT - or similar companies?

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by bjorn, Feb 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bjorn

bjorn DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I learned about these companies in an old thread and was wondering if anybody has any more information about these operations? Or any other local BPO/call center companies - not TeleTech and SPi?

2. loftyone

loftyone DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Bjorn

There are a number of expats living in Manila who have been in BPO operations in the Phils since they kicked off about 8 years ago. I'm not sure what the protocols are for posting contact details on the public forum so I'll send you the name and telephone number of a very experienced aussie company director by private mesage. I suggest you have a talk to Max and get a "warts and all" view of the industry.

There is an interesting whitepaper about outsourcing to the Phils at callcentres.net but it's very much a sales document. It was posted by Max's company.

cheers lofty

3. loftyone

loftyone DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Bjorn

One of the big players in the Manila market is APAC Customer Services a US outsourcer which is running about 4000 seats in Manila. I read recently they are looking at other sites in the Phils to add another 2000 seats. I understand APAC has some large call centres in the US running similar numbers of seats.

I don't have a contact at APAC but I'm sure they are on the net. I have been promoting Dumaguete as an expansion site to my aussie contacts. If you get in contact with any of these companies, please suggest they take a serious look at Dumaguete. I believe the local Dumaguete business community should be lobbying strongly for what is probably the fastest growing business in the Phils. With 90% of the costs of running a BPO business being salaries, it is clear why the Phils is such an attractive location.

cheers

lofty

4. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
  5. fundiver198

fundiver198 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Agree

Absolutly. This is a brilliant business for Dumaguete and similar regions to get a share off. A lot of jobs created and very few of the environmental and other drawbacks, that are associated with developments in turism (as discussed at length in some other threads) or industrial production.

Lars

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.