So there's your excuse for a complete martial law lock-down in the Philippines. A few other links on the article: ISIS claim Manila 'attack' after masked men open fire in tourist complex https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/01/world/asia/shooting-resorts-world-manila.html?_r=0
Latest news from CNN says it's a robbery, which went wrong. Isis will take responsibility for everything, typhoons, earthquake and you name it.
Doesn't matter; "The country is in a state of lawlessness. Martial law needs to be implemented until we can sort out these problems." Finished taking a sh*t this morning and when I went to grab for the toilet paper nothing was there. ISIS made an announcement that they were the ones responsible for the missing TP. f*ck you ISIS! BTW: Pretty sure I just heard Trump call it a terrorist attack. Doesn't he have all the intelligence? It's not like he's a walking contradiction or anything like that, right? Oh wait, you said it was CNN.....FAKE NEWS!
Note: They are saying the gunman looked to be a 6' tall, long nose. Trump incorrectly labels Philippine robbery a terror attack - CNNPolitics.com
The news reports are all over the place, 30 injured, then 34 declared dead, only thing that seems to be standing up in all the reports is it appears to be a foreigner responsible... Now let's watch the backlash go from ISIS to us...
Hey come on Brian there are white muzzies as well. Think the Richard Reid Guy and his Shoe Bomb, he was a Brit I believe and a Radical, No, of course we don't like to believe this but it is a Fact These people come in all shapes and sizes colours and all but...................
Seems incredulous to me that a gunman gained entry to the building in the first place, apart from the fact that he seems also to have been carrying a large quantity of fuel.
A couple of interviews on TV said (para phrased) " security saw the robber enter the casino with his assault rifle and containers of gas (blah blah blah) and did not want to escalate the situation". One security guard did suffer a gun shot wound, it appears he shot himself in his excitement.
MANILA, Philippines – The suspect in the Resorts World Manila attack had been a "longtime guest" of the casino hotel and was already "familiar" with the establishment security personnel, the Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP) told Rappler on Friday, June 2. BFP public information chief Ian Manalo also said there was clearly a "security lapse" since the suspect was able to sneak in high-powered fire arms, contradicting the claim of Resorts World Manila chief operating officer Stephen Reilly. Firemen rushed to the scene after the suspect reportedly poured gasoline on casino tables and set them on fire. Most of the 37 confirmed dead, were suffocated, according to authorities. "Naka-check-in siya doon sa 5th floor, matagal siyang guest doon kaya naisisimple niya.... May kuwarto siya doon, inonti-onti niya siguro 'yung inano niya," Manalo said, citing the joint investigation the BFP did with SOCO of the Philippine National Police. (He was checked-in at the 5th floor for a long time. He was a longtime guest, so he could sneak in [weapons].... He had a room there, so he probably brought [his weapons] in one by one.) He said that the closest motive that authorities see is that he was retaliating for "losing a lot" from gambling. He said investigators alleged that the suspect lost as much as "one hundred million [pesos]," an amount they have yet to confirm. Manalo said that the suspect went down from his room to the casino and "poured bullets on top of the gambling tables." He then poured gasoline, and set them on fire, immediately frightening people on the scene. They suspected the reason people opted to hide was because he was carrying a rifle. Manalo said, however, that they have not found bodies with bullet entries. He said their investigation currently stands by the suffocation explanation recently provided by the police and hotel management. He said that the suspect also burned the "BMW car prize" on display, further thickening the smoke. When he was already being pursued, according to Manalo, the suspect went up to his room, set himself on fire, and shot himself. "Iniisa-isa ang katawan. In plain view, mukhang lahat ng namatay, by suffocation. In plain view, makikita mo hindi siya namatay sa sunog, hindi nasunog, hindi natosta," Manalo said. (They are going through the bodies one by one. In plain view, they look like they were suffocated. In plain view, you can see that he did not die from burns.) In a press conference, Southern Police District chief Anton Apolinario disclosed that they already have a person of interest in their custody. He also said they have the identity of the suspect, but declined to disclose it so as not to compromise the investigation. Suspect in Resorts World attack a ‘longtime guest,’ says BFP