Frequently Asked Questions
Page 1 of 2
1. Click on "Create Showcase" located towards the top right of the page. (Ignore the permissions warning at the bottom of the page!)
2. Click "Continue" on the pop-up dialog box. ("Personal Items" should be pre-selected.)
3. Fill out the required information. (Note: The "Item Name" and "Item Information" are the only two required fields. The "Item Description", "Map Location" and "Tags" are OPTIONAL. If you are unsure what to enter here or they are giving you problems just leave these fields empty.)
4. Upload images if available. (Note: The first image you upload will be used as the thumbnail for your listing.)
Note: the Google search only searches the Dumaguete Info website, the first few results you see are advertisements but anything below that will be DI only results.
I have a rental property in the Showcase section flagged as "Occupied" but this does not show in forum classifieds?
(Note: The rental in question here has already had the forum prefix updated to reflect the Showcase's prefix. No further action is required in this instance.)
- Report the message given the disputed negative rating for moderation by clicking the "Report" link under the post.
- Contact a staff member through PM with a link to the post/rating in question.
- Note: You can get the link to the specific post by clicking the number located at the top right of your post.
- Politely contact the user that gave you a negative rating through a PM and ask if it was given on accident. There is no limit on how long users have to remove ratings they have given in the past.
- Note: Most negative ratings that don't seem to fit the post were given on accident. However, be careful with this one and don't start a flame war. If the user seems to be giving negative ratings just to troll or they do not reply to your message you can invite a staff member to the conversation or PM them directly.
- Please go see a shrink. DI staff is not trained to deal with those kinds of personal issues.
- Send an admin a PM and let them know what the issue is and they will try to figure out what's going on or they will explain why the feature is not currently available to you.
- Post a thread in this sub-forum explaining the problem.
Hi, I'm wanting to advertise my business on the website but my emails are not being responded to. Can you advise me who to apply to.
If you wish to have a thread deleted please send a private message to a moderator or admin explaining why you want the thread deleted.
How do I make one time donations? It is not clear, and I do not want to buy any packages or be a sponser.
The options are self explanatory. Only share as much information as you feel comfortable with, no one is forced to provide any information.
You can edit your profile by clicking on this link: Personal Details
- Click on the forum that you want to post in ie; New Member Introductions
- At the top right there is a button titled "Start New Topic".
- Add in your title to your thread ie; "Hello I'm new".
- Type you main content into the larger box underneath.
- Below the main content box you may, optionally, add "Tags". These are words or short phrases that describe your topic that will help other users searching for similar information.
- When you are done with your message and want to post it click on the "Create Thread" button just below.
Payment can be made by going to the Account Upgrades and choosing the "Classifieds: Advertise a Vehicle" package.
Note: The "7 days" text above the purchase button indicates how long you will have permission on the website to initially list your vehicle, not how long it will stay listed on the website.
Once you click the "Purchase" button you will be redirected to the PayPal website where you will be given several different payment options.
After the payment is verified (usually this takes seconds/minutes but sometimes can take up to 24 hours) you should see a blue "Create Showcase" button near the top right of this page.
If you have problems paying online, experience any trouble or just have questions about the classifieds section please send me a private message by clicking this link or, if you are not a member, by clicking this link.
Page 1 of 2