Dumaguete Info Search

American Peter

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by NowandThen, Sep 21, 2023.

1. NowandThen

NowandThen DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +353 / 87
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    Does anyone know a Peter, retired sailor from U.S. ? We met regularly in the former Thunder Road Bar in Bacong and always kept in touch by email when I was in Europe. He has a daughter named Sierra. Then about 2 years ago the contact abruptly ended and I never heard from him again. I recently asked a few Americans if they knew anything more. Negative. I would just be interested to know how he is doing. That's all.

Gesendet von meinem M2101K6G mit Tapatalk

2. DAVE1952

DAVE1952 DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,096 / 219
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    I remember a Peter of that description he used to get around all the bars as long as they sold Beer for P60 or less, he was fairly tall and slim with quite long legs and looked odd sitting on his small motorbike, he had problems with his knees, often he was at the Red Table, where you would get a Pilson for P45 at that time, I'm sure this is one and the same man we both know? as far as I know he died?

I had many a long conversation with Peter and enjoyed his company, he was not typical of his race and quite level headed for a US Guy.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    NowandThen

Ratings:
    +353 / 87
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    That's the one. So he died ? If true, very sad. R.I.P.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2023
  4. virgilmerk

virgilmerk DI New Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    I would search for him on social media. If he has a public profile, you may be able to find out where he's living and what he's up to. Or try searching for him in public records databases. This may include things like voter registration records, property records, and phone directories. And what about Sierra? Contact his daughter. She may be able to tell you how to get in touch with him.

P.S. If you do find Peter, please let me know! I'm curious to hear how he's doing too.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2023
  5. OP
    OP
    NowandThen

Ratings:
    +353 / 87
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    I will try to find out. What worries me Dave1952 said he probaby died. I really hope he is alive.

6. DAVE1952

Ratings:
    +1,096 / 219
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    The Peter I knew is highly unlikely to be to be on any social media group, that would just not be his thing? I do wonder even if he was how to you post that you are dead, I guess all you can see is that he has not been active for a while?
    Peter was quite different to most people in that he would rather hear the stories of others than tell his own, he never seemed to have a close friend always being on his own, so no one really knew him all that well, when I think back on it I never thought to ask him about his time in the Navy, I'm sure he would have had a few choice stories to tell?

I'm quite sure he is no longer with us and that someone had told me this, however I just cannot recall when or by whom this happened with? although I suspect it was a Danish Guy named Soren he sells cured meats like Bacon and other related products he lives in Bacong area but gets around all the bars, it just may well be him that told me about Peter, not only does this guy know so many people and so well known himself, he was quite friendly with Peter, he would definitely know what had happened with him.

• Like Like x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    NowandThen

Ratings:
    +353 / 87
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/pilotonline/name/peter-bean-obituary?id=21029756

Scott, an American who lived in Dumaguete long time ago, sent me this link. Scott is now living in L.A. but might come back to the PH. He was here last week and also said that Peter and he were good friends at the time.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. DAVE1952

Ratings:
    +1,096 / 219
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Yes this is the same Peter we all know, him and I had a good few laughs together, often poking fun at each other, he loved this kind of fun.

9. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,628 / 2,895
    Would Scott be Happy Camper - a past member here?

10. OP
    OP
    NowandThen

Ratings:
    +353 / 87
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    Unfortunately I don't know. We used to hangout in the Coco Amigos or sometimes Chin Loong. I think he was born in Boston.

• Thanks Thanks x 1