Dumaguete Info Search

Valencia Bamboo Sun Shade for outside use

Discussion in 'Surrounding Areas' started by charlyB, Jun 26, 2023.

1. charlyB

charlyB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,131 / 335
    Does anybody know where in the Valencia area to get the roll down sun shades made out of bamboo strips ?
    We see them in use all over but as yet nobody that we have asked can tell us exactly where to buy them.

2. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +2,007 / 1,093
    Buri blinds as they are called can be bought online from a dozen or so Companies. Clearly you would prefer to find something nearest to your area. Hope someone can chime in! Between Dumaguete and Tanjay on the west side of the main highway are 3 homes all in a row that sell them and that's where I have bought all mine. (for information purposes to all Members and Guests)

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. kelpguy

kelpguy DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +675 / 92
    charlyB...
    there's a native materials store just before the bianca bridge that has bambu blinds; i'm sure you've pass it. google maps shows it just past Gradient colors printing services.

Gradient colors printing services https://goo.gl/maps/Cu5KMFMBDXXBi8DG7

bambu place https://tinyurl.com/2htwat5g

i think u can order custom sizes there.

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. RR_biker

RR_biker DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +749 / 109
    Did buy 2 mabu blinds from that store a while ago. The price of standard bambu blinds is negotiable. What I was told all bambu is coming from Mindanao, ordering custom sizes might be possible (not sure) but will take a lot of time to wait for.

5. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +2,007 / 1,093
    The last 2 I bought was for 2000P 8ft x 5ft. They wanted 2400p......... stood my ground @2000.

6. RR_biker

RR_biker DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +749 / 109
    What a coincedence, exactly sampe price I also paid for.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dutchie

Dutchie DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 123
    Blood Type:
    A+
    It might be smart to treat your bamboo shades against infestation with termites, should make them last a lot longer.
    Solignum is the go to treatment in the Philippines.

8. Crystalhead

retired
    Ratings:
    +2,007 / 1,093
    Agreed. I use to use it until I noticed wood and also Bamboo spray painted. A well-applied, continuous paint layer with many coats can make a wood structure highly resistant to drywood termite attacks. So, a paint film that's properly applied and adequately maintained will certainly discourage drywood termites from attacking. 2 coats of a spray paint gives you color you may desire and protection. One coat of a water based paint does nothing. Use spray.

9. OP
    OP
    charlyB

charlyB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,131 / 335
    Not very negotiable, my wife went to that shop while i stayed in the car far along the road, this was to try and avoid white man/tourist prices.
    They have 3m x 3m ready made 2800 each, my wife said she wanted 4 so is there discount, it's 400 for all 100 each. :greedy: