Dumaguete Info Search

BORING AULD BAR STEWARDS

Discussion in 'Hobbies and special interests' started by DAVE1952, Dec 16, 2023.

1. OP
    OP
    DAVE1952

DAVE1952 DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,095 / 219
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    As I said before Stefan, I used the word Stupid as a way to provoke a discussion here and it is obviously working.

I could have used the Filipino term for this and that is; Hard Headed, when I asked what the real meaning of this was I was told it basically means stupid but with and added stubbornness to not listen to good sense.

In my experience here I would say Filipinos can fix things, but there is a caveat to this, there is three ways to do a job; the right way, the wrong way and the Filipino way, now this will be the cheapest, fastest and may just last till the end of the day, before it fecks up again.

• Like Like x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    DAVE1952

Ratings:
    +1,095 / 219
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Really!!! what a silly old sausage you are? I doubt very much if the contributors have found it BORING? and this was the Topic.

3. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,212 / 1,089
    Yep and most of the bad comments knocking the Filipinos are coming from you and This does get Boring cos we have heard them all before:bag:

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,161 / 230
    Well guys I've learnt by being married to a filipna when you upset them, expect the silent treatment.
    With regards to nutrition, I have seen children born in the UK to Filipino parents excell at school and college.
    Also noticeable is that many outgrow their parents in height, some of the boys reaching 6'ft or over.
    Without a doubt what you eat does make a difference, as a end of WW11 baby, with lack of available nourishment would explain why I'm only 5'2" and not so smart!
    ( oh and by the way I can only speak one language)
    Laugh and the world laugh's with you.....JB

• Like Like x 5
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2023
  5. Stefan_Negros

Stefan_Negros DI Member

Ratings:
    +430 / 12
    Dave, it´s crystal clear what you intended to achieve and it is also clear to me that your general opinion is not only black or white when it comes to the Plilippines and its people. You know this country better than I do and you know how many brilliant people are around here.

By the way, I don´t consider myself as stupid. But my wife is running the show here. She knows when to talk to whom in which tone and she is solving 99% of our issues in daily life. Our quality of life here in the Philippines is based on a certain financial power, but much more on her problem solving skills. That´s just fact. I can do a lot, but she can it do more easy, much better, much faster and she knows much better how to talk to people in case of conflicts.

And also by the way, being stupid is one thing. I can deal with that. But being lazy, arrogant, rude and / or being a cheater is something I can hardly handle.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. charlyB

charlyB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,131 / 335
    Thanks for the info Dave, I have heard people using the term hard headed but now i know what it means.
    Another one i recently found the meaning of was (a thick face) it basically means a brass neck.
    brass neck
    noun [ S or U ]
    UK informal disapproving
    type of behaviour where someone is extremely confident about their own actions but does not understand that their behaviour is unacceptable to others:

• Like Like x 1
  7. MikeP64

MikeP64 DI Forum Adept Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +251 / 141
    That sounds like me. I've never started a thread. Never had a Dumaguete or Philippines related question I could not find the answer for already on DI, or somewhere else. Overwhelming urges to socialize via a form, it's not who I am. From time to time I might chime in, like now, because you asked a question that does apply to me. Not being there nor retired yet, I don't for see increased activity on my part. That's not necessarily a bad thing for you folks. Perhaps after we retire to our place there, in a few more years.

As for the drifted direction of this thread, I'll quote Stephen Hawking:
    “People who boast about their I.Q. are losers.”

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    DAVE1952

Ratings:
    +1,095 / 219
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    One of my objectives when starting this thread was to have a little poke at the infrequent contributors to this site and others that never have done a single post ever, I also wished to stir up the existing members and get them talking again, along the way I was having a little fun with this, being an old man now most of the excitement I do get is with my clothes on.

I see you are having a little poke at me that is OK perhaps I had that coming to me? I will not hold that against you, the main thing with me was to get you posting even if it means I get some abuse, I am in a better position than most to be able to take this, living here in a fully insulated house and having a thick fully insulated skin I have No Wucking Furries about that.

Cheers
    Dave

• Like Like x 3
  9. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +2,007 / 1,093
    Stupidity is a Global Pandemic! There is a Sucker born every 4 seconds! There is no need nor is it accurate to blanket statement an entire race, class or specific cultured group as being full on stupid. The great news is for the 1st time in the History of the Planet the entire Global population has more brains than a USA President.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,563 / 1,017
    IMO, age is a greater concern for a president than their "perceived" smarts or lack of. Of course, if a president is long on age and short on smarts, that would be hard to hide.

• Agree Agree x 2