Dumaguete Info Search

Clothes for big guys. - where ?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by paul-angie, Mar 18, 2012.

1. paul-angie

paul-angie Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi folks.

I am 6' 4", 200lbs,:eek: where, in Dumaguete, do I shop for clothes ? Example - I need XXXL shirts.:D

Thanks.

Paul.

2. permres

permres DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I have seen larger clothes at Lee Plaza and the surplus stores around town

3. OP
    OP
    paul-angie

paul-angie Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi, thanks, but please excuse my ignorance, what and where is a Surplus store ?

Paul.

4. darkside

darkside DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I would by the fabric, then have it tailor made. I had one of my long sleeve shirts duplicated and it only cost P400 incl materials (had 6 made in diff colors). I bought the material at some fabric store in duma. cant remember though.. I took it to a tailor by Silliman called Gabriel's...Good guy.

5. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Ho's Marketing in Real-Street, up to 4XL. Polos, T-Shirts etc. You find big sizes also at Opsimas (Real Street). Most in "normal" colors, meaning without that stupid prints on it. Trousers and shoes can be a big problem in adult-sizes.

6. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,575 / 1,017
    Paul, 200 lbs only puts you in the middleweight class with the foreigners here. lol

7. sfgb35

sfgb35 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If your on a budget, the Villa Amada Ukay2x along the national highway, on the way to sibulan, often has big sized shirts and pants. Just expect quizzical looks from the locals.

8. robgie

robgie DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Its a bit of a sore subject for me, for years I have been finding the length is a hard find, and size. 13 shoe a no go.

There is a store that makes blue jeans across the street ( west side) from Robinsons, south maybe 100 meters.
    Have fun finding
    shoes if over 11.5 us size. Good luck. Been to every store here for years. none. Oh, the resale place has used shoes at new price, think its called ally may or near that name. I have had to use smaller size flip flop sandles, rubber for some time now. Save my imports for ONLY going out. Been to all the stores here for pants. answer, sorry sir nothing over 32 length. Very rarely in super lee I can get a couple times 34 length.
    got loged off, hope this only post once

9. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    for 13 shoes you need to go to a real city.

For trousers i give my boss money and send her to ukay ukay all over the city. Ladies enjoy that and she usually finds quite good quality in adult sizes. Well, I have short legs, but the width is the problem...

10. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    We seldom anymore find much in the Ukay2 here, too many fat people buying up all the good clothes. However, we were recently in Bayawan, and to my surprise many of the clothes there were too big for my relatively (by expat standards) skinny frame. MANY good quality shorts above size 40.

The tailor mentioned near Robinson's is my wife's cousin (Rudy). His work is very good, but he is not as cheap as some.

Larry