Dumaguete Info Search

Dog Friendly Bars

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by Snoopdog, Aug 8, 2023.

1. Snoopdog

Snoopdog DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi I'm going to be living in Dumaguete in a week I already no of many ex-pat bars, but I've not seen any that are mentioned as Dog Friendly. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thank you.

2. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,173 / 232
    Welcome Snoopdog
    Hope you enjoy your time in Dumaguete
    I know about a guy who walk into the bar on sea front, there was another guy sitting on a stool by the bar with a dog lying next to him.
    The stranger asks is your dog friendly and the guy replied yes,
    The stranger went to stroke the dog and it bit him.
    I thought you said your dog was friendly the stranger said....the guy on the stool said that's not my dog!
    It's more fun in the Philippines so they say......JB

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. God Bless Texas

God Bless Texas DI Member

Ratings:
    +295 / 17
    Most bars (or any food establishment) already have friendly dogs just waiting for someone to drop their fried chicken.
    I doubt anyone would care if you sat outside with your dog, the concerns would be in what your dog "picks up" while there. I'm not talking about scraps either.
    Lots of dog flu, dog covid (yes, it is a thing) overall dog viruses, fleas, and ticks from all the strays. Also concider any puddle of water contaminated with stuff you dont want them drinking.
    I have finished putting my puppies thru a 20 day antibiotic regime and we dont even live in the city. Also, my dogs are NOT friendly to strangers, we walk in quiet and "off"hours. Yet they still got sick, vet said it is because of stuff that lingers in the air, on the ground and overall environment.
    This is just a heads up.
    If you still go out then, at the very least, make sure puppy is fully vaccinated, and boosted.
    We people can skip vaccination and get sick if we want (free will), but our puppies deserve beter care than we give ourselves.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
  4. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    Thirsty dog at the former black pearl advertises pet friendly so i took my large doberman pinscher there and she had a great time
    running around while i sipped margarita's

5. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,636 / 2,899
    Off-topic?

A man walks into a synagogue with his dog. He goes up to the Rabbi and he says Rabbi, I want my dog to have a Bar Mitzvah and I want to do it here
    Rabbi: What are you, crazy? We can't do that!
    Man: Please, I'll do anything
    Rabbi: No, it can't be done
    Man: Rabbi, I don't think you understand, I'm willing to donate $20,000 to this synagogue
    Rabbi: Why didn't you tell me your dog was Jewish?!

A Man Walks Into a Bar with His Little Dog...
    He puts the dog on the bar and says to the bartender, "25 bucks says this dog can talk!"
    Bartender says, "I'll take that bet. Make it quick."
    Man looks at the dog and points upward. "What's the name of this thing over our head keeps the rain out?"
    Dog barks, "Ruff!" Man says, "See that, he said roof!"
    Bartender says, "I'm not paying no 25 bucks for that! Ruff! ha ha"
    Man says, "Okay, double or nothing?
    Bartender sighs. "Okay, make it quick."
    Man puts the dog on the floor and looks down at him. "What's the name of the greatest baseball player of all time?" Dog keeps wagging his tail, says nothing. Man leans down and whispers, "Home runs." Dog barks, "Ruff!" Man says, "See that, Babe Ruth!"

Bartender says "That's it, get outta here the both of ya." With that he grabs the man by the collar and the little dog by the scruff of his neck, marches them to the door and throws them out. Man brushes himself off, looks down at the little dog wagging his tail frantically. Dog says, "DiMaggio?"

A man is sitting in a bar bragging about his dog...
    He says his dog can do basic maths and that if anyone asks a basic question and his dog cant answer it, he'll buy them a beer.
    So one man says ''What's 1+3?'' and the dog barks 4 times.
    Another man asks ''What's 5-2?'' and so the dog barks 3 times.
    A large man walks up and says ''You think your dog's good? Mine is a carpenter.''
    The owner of the maths dog replies saying ''Oh really? Show me then.''
    The large man places a huge, snarling, dirty dog in front of himself and shouts ''Tank! Show him!''
    The dog jumps up and rips off the owner of the maths dogs' testicles and sprints out of the bar.
    The man in excruciating pain screams in agony ''WHAT WAS THAT!? YOU SAID YOUR DOG COULD DO CARPENTRY AND HE'S RIPPED MY NECESSARIES OFF!''
    The large man shrugged his shoulders and said ''He made a bolt for the door didn't he?''

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1