Dumaguete Info Search

Event Holy Week Holidays

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Jack Peterson, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,222 / 1,090
    Just a heads up here Guys and Gals, THURSDAY & FRIDAY are Holidays so many Government Departments and Others will be closed as will the BI and Banks, so if you need to do stuff Tomorrow is the day. Have a Good Weekend all.

• Thanks Thanks x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. DaveD

DaveD DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +1,041 / 129
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Ya beat me to it JP. I was going to post similar warning. I would also suggest you do whatever banking etc. before lunchtime. Just in case!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    Holy holiday hell. I hate holidays.

Here's a strategy for how to deal with them or maybe even get rid of them.

Cell shop which has a dozen employees (and you still can't get service). Send half of them home. Make the other half do some work. One half works half the holidays the other work the other half.

Business which works their employees 12 hours a day, 6 days a week. Just open the thing for 8 hours and close during the weekend. Or if you're cell shop with a dozen employees, have them work shifts. That's like a holiday every day.

Expat with live-in helper (who never lives up to expectations). Leave the poor helper alone. Get a hobby. A dog. Get out of the house. You couldn't pay me just to sit around and listen to your stories, let alone work for you as an employee. No wonder your Filipina GF is driving you crazy, it's a battle of attrition. She needs to drive you crazy before you succeed in doing the same the to her. Drive crazy or be crazy. I would rather drive.

Every block with has the exact same d*mn businesses. Close down while your neighbor makes a bit of money. Then trade off.

Do this, and we won't even notice the holidays. Nevermind though, holidays are much easier.

• Funny Funny x 4
  4. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    I like to drive too.... but what if you helper prefers to drive? My helper's last boyfriend, I mean employer, let her drive every night. So now my GF, I mean my helper, likes to drive. I will admit ... when she drives we get to some pretty exciting places in time. :o o: No way am I going to let a dog drive me, not matter how good he or she is at driving. :wtf: of coarse everyone has their own cup of tea as the British would say.

But to keep this in the Holy Week Event thread theme, I will bring the Bible into my post, remember Jesus prayer's in Luke 22:42 (Easter week passage); "Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done." I am not sure Jesus was talking about dogs here or not.

If anyone is offend by my last paragraph's sarcasm and humor, please remember even Jesus had to call on God for help in accepting God's will, so why should I not do the same thing? Sometimes He gives me the help to keep me out of trouble and sometimes I just end up in the short time hotel on my own path of ignorance..... ignoring my wish of His help. :wink: What ever drives you. :smile:

• Funny Funny x 5
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
  5. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,796
    Blood Type:
    O+
    and if you want to have a drive through daytime Dumaguete with no traffic the day everything closes is the time to do it. Last time I was here for holy week I didn't know it was a holiday and thought Armageddon might have happened and I was the only one that somehow survived.....or maybe the Chinese had attacked and everyone ran into the jungle to hide. Very strange feeling driving around Dumaguete during the day and nobody else in site. :wink:

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. KTM

KTM DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 69
    Also remember that ATM machines will be out of money by Friday night, refilling will be on Monday at the earliest.

• Genius Genius x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1