Dumaguete Info Search

Hot Water Heater for Shower.... Anyone?

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Rick&Sue, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Rick&Sue

Rick&Sue DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    My new house (sadly) does not have a hot water heater in the shower... anyone have a good one they'd like to sell? Otherwise, any suggestions for a decent price on a new one? I have not started looking yet (moving on Wednesday), but all "inside source info" is welcome!

Thanks! :smile:

Sue

2. firefly

firefly DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    The cheapest (new) waterheater you may find in Unitop but not always available.
    The big advantage of this waterheaters it that they come including an earth leakage breaker (for safety)
    It is the only brand that i know in the Philippines that include this safety device.
    For a single point waterheater i think the price is less than 3,000 pesos
    Always pay attention to buy the right waterheater for your needs,(sigle point or multipoint)

3. Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    Most if not all of the shower heaters on display in Handyman have a built in earth leakage circuit breaker, same at City Hardware. A 3000 peso heater from Unitop might seem like a bargain, but you only ever get what you pay for. Water and electricity is a volatile mix, so its not worth taking chances with an inferior product. I bought an Alpha Smart 18E shower heater from Handyman last year for 7000 peso. Fitted it myself in about 30 minutes. Built in ELCB. Working parts and element made in the UK. Havn't been able to fault it yet, provided you have enough water pressure to trigger the heater.

Roger

4. permres

permres DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I was at Handyman the other day and was told by the salesman only the ones on the far left section had the breakers.

5. permres

permres DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I was at Handyman the other day looking at hot water heaters and was informed by the salesman the only ones with breakers were in the far left section only.

6. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    I'v had my Panasonic heater with a circuit breaker for over 4 years without a problem.
    Ron

7. firefly

firefly DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    An Earth leakage circuit breaker is not the same as a circuit breaker, but i guess that 90 % of Dumaguete electrician experts have never heart of a ELCB, far from knowing how to install it.
    A water heater with ELCB divice can be recognised by its reset button on the body of the heater.
    This reset button should be tested regularly.
    Anyway an ELCB has to be connected to an earth wire and i guess that 95 % of rental houses don't have an earthwire here.

8. OnMyWay

OnMyWay DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    all good information....

BTW, what you want is a cold water heater. No point in heating water that's already hot. :-) Sorry, couldn't resist.

Good luck in your purchase.

9. Eyeinthesky

Eyeinthesky DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Water Heaters at reasonable price? Check out JB Marketing (Near Hotel Palwa), Rejoice Hardware (Cervantes St. Near old Casa Blanca place), and Citi Hardware (In front of Dumaguete Cockpit.)

10. Manzanita

Manzanita DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    Earth leakage circuit breaker is sometimes called a ground fault detector.