Dumaguete Info Search

How much did your baby weigh

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by PatO, Feb 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miguel

Miguel DI Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +109 / 39
    Natural birth at home

Doctors prefer c-cut 'cause it generates more money. They want to do it to every pinay with kano. This is told by pinay to me, not my opinion. Millions of asians, small and big, born before c-cut.

Pinay usually know some older woman who know how to 'massage' the pregnant, i.e. turn the baby in correct position. This is done like every month. We have a woman in bukid.

Our first came out so fast, no time to go to hospital. Next we decide to do it all at home. Local nurse will assist. They talk about penalty if born home. Well, penalty is 3000 p. I take it. BTW first one was 3.5 kg and my pinay is a petite girl.

If You interested, I give You advice how to make Your pinay in labor. After that, labor set out after two hours, delivery within six hours. Not my tecnique but old knowledge. And it is fun too :smile:

2. tomtorific

tomtorific DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 30
    IMHO pinoys need to learn better methods of keeping pinay from labor(child birth)not employment.

3. Travel Time

Travel Time DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    An expat friend's wife recently gave birth in Dalaguete. Cebu doctors rotate back and forth to Dalaguete.

She did not have C section

There are indeed rumors more C sections are done to expat wives because it generates more income.

Someone mentioned that to a nurse at SUMC the other day and she said, "What's the difference?" (C section or not)

4. Manzanita

Manzanita DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    Our Son was 9.8lbs, late delivery and required a c-section. It was a lady doctor that did the c-section and she did a really good job. The scar is almost invisible now.
    Pat, if the birth has a chance of requiring the cut, I'd suggest you be proactive in lining up the doctor and arranging everything.

Don't be afraid to turn off the d*mn TV set in the room during labor or their nurses will pay more attention to it than whats going on in the patient. (SUMB)

5. nice_sherwood

nice_sherwood DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    It wasnt the aussie drink, it was more so eating balot 3 days before i gave birth lol. It wasnt fun at all considering that it was a known to be a good hospital. It wasa horrible experience but i think its all worth the pain, our son is now 11 months old, vey healthy not a crying baby (only cries when his up for a feed, i breastfeed him for 8 months which is a good thing because i quicky lost the baby fats from pregnancy), first two months was a horror, nurse here adviced us to feed him every 3 hours for him to stabalize his weight and gain weight so even if he was sleeping i had to wake him up and feed him every 3 hours !and we're looking forward of going back to dumaguete this month for him to celebrate his first birthday in cebu to meet the family. Can't wait!

Hope your enjoying your moments being a father, my husband loves it. He have always said to me we should have done it earlier, we were married for 3 years before we decided to start making a family thought it'll be hard to raise kids but then we realize that yes their more troubled than we thought but more beautiful and watching them grow everyday and being there teaching them to learn to walk and talk... Its genuine happiness and priceless :-).

I was 39 kgs 5'4 ft before i got pregnang lucky im back to shape now :-). Hope you and your wife are doing well :-)

6. luvdox

luvdox DI Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 3
    C-section scam

I think these c-sections are mostly scams for easy big bucks! My mom was only 4'11' and the seventh and last child was 9 lbs but all of us were born in the house with mere hot water, pair of sterilized scissors and "hilot" or unlicensed midwives. I bet you when they know a filipina is married to kano or foreigner that's when the :greedy:$$ signs come out. But of course parents would want the mom and baby to be all well in the child birth process. Sure all will be well with your wife and baby, Pato. Cheers!

7. permres

permres DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I would like to add that it is better to be safe than sorry. My grandmother was very small, too, 4'10", had uneventful deliveries for her first two babies. Her third one, however, went very wrong. Back in 1916, home birth was what they did. She labored for 3 days with a baby that was too large for her (maybe not too large for another woman of her size, but her body just would not let that baby come out. When the baby was finally delivered, it was so deformed from the delivery attempt that it died. Her next baby, the same thing happened, she labored for days, unfortunately she and the baby both died. My first child was over 10 lbs and was delivered c-section after more than 24 hours hard labor. While I think alot of c-sections these days ARE unnecessary, just for convenience of all involved, that simply isn't true all of the time. Especially when you are mixing a larger foreigner with a tiny filipina....it's kind of like breeding a female chihuahua with a St. Bernard, the outcome might not be ideal....they just really need to be cautious.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.