Dumaguete Info Search

I guess immigration is starting to pay attention

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by filmguy, Aug 8, 2015.

1. filmguy

filmguy DI Member

Ratings:
    +100 / 7
    Blood Type:
    A+
    [​IMG]
    American National Deported For Working and Overstaying in Misamis Oriental

[​IMG]
    American National Deported For Working and Overstaying in Misamis Oriental – Philippines Lifestyle - Philippines Lifestyle

MISAMIS ORIENTAL -52-year-old Stanley Wolf of Wyandot County, Ohio has been arrested and is now facing deportation for several offenses, including overstaying.

The American national will be flown to Manila for deportation proceedings after he stayed in the Philippines far to long and was forced to work as a carpenter within the country – Wolf did not possess a working permit, so one of his offenses is working illegally within the Philippines.

Wolf was arrested in his fiance’s home in Balingasag, Misamis Oriental at around 2 p.m. on Tuesday – he was brought to the National Bureau of Investigation in Cagayan de Oro City where he spent the night in detention.

Authorities say that Wolf overstayed 10 months and was hiding from Immigration officials because he did not want to leave his 37-year-old fiance Bembie Padilla.

Wolf admitted he was only staying in the Philippines for one month as a tourist, but he spent all his money and could no long afford to return to the United States.

Wolf also admitted that he wanted to marry Padilla but no longer had the money for a wedding – so he starting working as a carpenter, he originally was an auto mechanic in the U.S.

2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,796
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I'd leave the Philippines long before I was forced to work on a local's salary.

• Agree Agree x 6