Dumaguete Info Search

Is Society as we know it breaking down?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by john boy, Mar 1, 2024.

1. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,181 / 233
    It's being reported that the younger generation are experiencing mental health problems, more so than those in the older age bracket.
    What do you think this is down to?
    Apart from the current world unrest, which in itself has affected those in certain area's,
    even in the more peaceful places, with the benefits of stability, why is it that a lot of young people are finding it differcult to cope with life?
    Do you believe as the older generation, we have created the kind of problems they, the younger generation, will now face and have to deal with?
    It's certainly my hope that when the madness ends, a united effort will bring about a more caring world for them to live in. JB

• Like Like x 1
  2. MikeP64

MikeP64 DI Forum Adept Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +261 / 143
    I'm not convinced it is true. I think it is just more acceptable to be visible.

Previously: It was generally frowned on by society. It wasn't talked about as much. It wasn't being identified as such by the experts of the time, so less records.

More recently: It's talked about more openly. It's analyzed and dissected more. It is being recorded more. Is it happening more? I'm not convinced.

Perhaps it has ticked up. It could also be since man started walking upright it has ebbed and flowed, up and down. It might be a normal human race cycle that we are just now beginning to see.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    john boy

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,181 / 233
    You might be well right there Mike, over the centuries, just when we thought we have achieved everything that's possible, some kind of disaster hit's the world that shakes the very bones of society. Some people can cope with that while others can't.
    Democracy right now, is being challenged by the actions of certain groups of people the world over, uncertaincy and instability in places never thought of before is happening at this present time.
    Which brings in the question once again what's the future for our children and grandchildren going to look like?
    Before we can offer hope to the next generation, I think there is a lot more unpleasantness going to happen and the consequences of such will remain for many years to come......... Our children deserve a better world and a more honourable society.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,636 / 2,899
    As possibly the most optimistic person on this Forum:

• Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    john boy

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,181 / 233
    Some peoples cup is half full others theirs are half empty, I see it for what it is, 150mls Mr Mannering :tongue:

6. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,413 / 1,264
    I would argue that the cup is twice as big as it needs to be.

Doomed? Maybe!
    It seems everyone has rights but no one has responsibilities.

• Like Like x 2