Dumaguete Info Search

Utilities & Mobile ISP > Starlink Mini

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by Chriswlan, Oct 2, 2024 at 7:10 AM.

1. Chriswlan

Chriswlan DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 1
    Trying to fig out how this website functions....

I see "Starlink" is in MANY different places, but perhaps this is the best place?

All the stuff about Starlink is rather [very] old. My question is: is Mini coming here? Anybody got in line yet?
    How does local Starlink purchasing compares to directly from starlink.com? If similar to Central America, then 50GBytes would cost us around USD 25 monthly? And many people would be more than happy with 59 GB a month! For STABLE QUALITY.

I've checked my main Telco's [cell data]:
    ping 8.8.8.8 -t
    ... and they are absolutely HORRIBLE pretty well all the time.... in a big city. And lots of disconnects. Negates the occasional fast speed.

Incredible *JITTER* and also plain ping fails...

Cheers

Christian

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Senjenbing

Senjenbing DI Forum Adept Veteran Marines Navy

Milliways - at the end of time and matter
    Ratings:
    +452 / 199
    I've been using Starlink here since its release and very rarely have problems. Speed of around 200+Mbps with a latency of about 50-60 ms, stable signal and no limit on usage. I've expanded to a full 3 mesh system have 3 TVs, 3 PCs, gate CCTV and numerous cellphones connected without issue covering an area of over 3000 sq m. I buy everything direct from Starlink as I don't trust re-sellers and I'm sure there are copies of some elements on the market. Not sure if Starlink mini is coming here any time soon but it's designed for portability and I have no intention of moving my property. lol

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1