Dumaguete Info Search

Kindness

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Ten Twenty Lenny, Apr 12, 2015.

1. patty

patty DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +254 / 18
    I disagree,I doubt the act is told throughout the entire city in the filipino grapevine and that it would be expected by anyone.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,212 / 1,089
    Then we must agree to disagree,

3. OP
    OP
    Ten Twenty Lenny

Ten Twenty Lenny DI Member

Ratings:
    +109 / 3
    PRECEDENT SET??? FOR 25 CENTS???? NOT MUCH FOR MY POCKET MAYBE YOURS BUT IT GOES ALONG WAYS FOR ME..

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    Sometime we have to realize that the people here survive (I did not say "live") at a different standard than most foreigner live here. The scraps we offer them is nothing that will really reflect on our standard of living, but may give them a totally different outlook toward foreigners. Sometimes our generosity is a nice gesture, and I certainly is not believe it is expected most of the time. Myself, sometimes I am very generous :smile:, and another day I may act like Scourge's Aunti Martha :troll:. Yes, the beggars expect and are aggressive in trying to get us to give, even if we don't feel it is appropriate.
    Personally I enjoy giving to the neighborhood children, at Christmas a stuffed animal goes a long way in making people reach out and trust you in the neighborhood, but these are not beggars. I do not enjoy giving to the children downtown as I am afraid they will become like my Filipino cats, very demanding for a handout everyday. :hungry:

5. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,212 / 1,089
    Lenny what is the problem? I actually like your thought and good nature, we are all entitled to an opinion and I have given mine and I stated this in the very First reply. so why the Shouting.

6. horizon155

horizon155 DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor

Information Tech
    Ratings:
    +121 / 44
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Lol, Dustin, get the ban stick prepared..i'd like to see where this goes haha

7. Kojak

Kojak DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +47 / 2

I like that.... I will follow you lead

• Like Like x 1
  8. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I seemed to have lost the ban stick. I tried ordering another at Handyman but they were out of stock. Maybe another time.

9. Oz-Roger

Oz-Roger DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Retired
    Ratings:
    +465 / 137
    well done, it is rare to find courtesy here in any shape or form, but when I do, I recognise it and reward it as best I can, as do you. And, conversely when I find a lack of it and rudeness and total inconsideration, which is on considerable occasions, I reward that appropriately also........lol:devilish:....:smuggrin:

10. patty

patty DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +254 / 18
    Sad to see anger arise out of kindness done to others. It is a choice to share or not to share, a few coins go a long way to many to brighten their day.