Dumaguete Info Search

Lack of Locals Road Rage

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by PatO, Jan 11, 2015.

1. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,581 / 1,017
    As a daily passenger (unable to drive) I have noticed there is little, if any, road range among the locals, hit and run accidents notwithstanding. In fact the last incident I recall was about 18 months ago while on my bike I fired off an f-bomb at a pedicab driver and received the same in return plus a few. So I guess they amazingly accept the craziness and unexpected events and let it go. I guess some of us need to chill.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  2. oztony

oztony DI Senior Member Blood Donor

Ratings:
    +211 / 39
    chill_out_mate_onesie.jpg Chill bro , you don't want to activate that famous Pinoy pride into a heated moment

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    Remember "time" is worthless here. Consequently they do not get upset if they are delayed a little. Almost everything is taken patiently in stride, because there is nothing they can really achieve in the time they save to make their lives better. Nothing is loss for time delayed. "The cutting in line" and other issues that look like they are trying to save time are really more of "Filipino Pride." issues, not time saving efforts.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  4. kraken9911

kraken9911 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 1
    It shows in the driving. I see people in brand new cars/trucks puttering around at 20kph with absolutely nothing in front of them. They just don't give a f*ck when they get to where they're going. I'm still too fresh from LA and that fast paced driving/walking hasn't gone away yet...

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    It will take a few years to learn to slow your pace, from the fast Southern California pace.. I really do not think they know how to drive here, how to move to the left in a intersection to make a left turn, etc. What amazes me is how they could earn enough to buy a new car, if they are not wise enough to know how to drive the same car.
    If you want some laughs, go to Robinson Center Mall and watch the cars do the 90 degree parking. You can place bets as to how many tries it take, how many "scissor" turns etc. It is a friendly town in Dumaguete, because in Southern California we would be shot for taking so many tries and delaying everyone in the parking lot as you try to pull into a parking space. But then again time if valuable in Southern Calfornia.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Oz-Roger

Oz-Roger DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Retired
    Ratings:
    +465 / 137
    Many new cars here are purchased by the Overseas workers and used by all members of the family.:rolleyes: And, I am sure we all know how difficult it is to get a D/Licence here, however, many drivers just do not bother to get a DL.:smile:

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. alesypalsy

alesypalsy DI Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 5
    Funny thread,

I got to admit i kinda like the driving here as it seems safe compared to the uk where everyone wants to get there yesterday,,

When i am back in uk nowadays i drive like a filipino and just crusie around sticking to the speed limits in town :smile:

the driving takes a while to adapt to but great that no one gets road rage otherwise there would be a lot of full hospital beds!
    sometimes there are some crazy moves but like said above just try to chill!!!!

if every move makes you get angry then get a jeepney or trike :smile:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. alex

alex DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

EXPERT BOLA BOLA
    Ratings:
    +1,296 / 1,129
    my partener gets angry but she never shows it she just goes and cleans the tolet with my tooth brush

• Funny Funny x 3
  9. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,222 / 1,090
    o_O You got TEETH? gurning.jpg Photo of Jack! KIDDING:p

:oops:Sorry Alex could not resist this But back to the plot, just a few metres down the road from me is a Motor Cycle repair facility, Some time ago after an Accident, Both Riders and their bikes were at the facility together. That's when the Problem Started.

JP:eek:

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. robert k

robert k DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    I like driving here. I was in a tricycle that was backed into by a multicab. Traffic was gridlocked behind the multicab but they never even looked back, no way to make room for them but they just naturally assumed that traffic would make room for them. Many times already I have told my girl that a particular motorcycle rider had strong faith because anyone who really thought they could die would never attempt what that one just did.:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1