Dumaguete Info Search

Makati trip

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by DavyL200, Feb 25, 2015.

1. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Well what can I say, the first trip to manila in 4 years! It's a different world up here, things are enforced,traffic is the worst I have seen anywhere in the world but there is a lot of money up here. Everywhere you look there is new high rises going up and plenty of upper class cars on the road.

After spending all day in the British embassy we ended up at Forbes park at the ambassadors residence and wow the property's in there are awsome, reckon they must be worth 50-70m each! Looks like most country's have an ambassadors residence in this place.
    It was some Edsa holiday today so took an hour to get a taxi from the hotel and another hour at least to get there, I will be glad to get back to the province.
    Prices up here are nearly the same as London prices :(

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. philofoz

philofoz DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 7
    Yep, the traffic situation in Manila must be getting close to unworkable, soon people there will need to live within walking distance of there home I reckon. And they just keep buying bigger and flashier new SUV's, just can't help themselves. Pride rules.
    And then...... stop stop.jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
  3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,796
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I think everyone lives within walking distance of their home. :wink:

I think the problem is not the type of vehicles people are driving, it's the way they drive it and the sheer number of vehicles in Manila. The roads just weren't designed to handle that many vehicles.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. philofoz

philofoz DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 7
    Points taken, I guess I just see things though my eyes only, but when I see a new large SUV approaching in my rear view mirror, I start to worry, then move to the right and watch the show.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,796
    Blood Type:
    O+
    :wink:
    [​IMG]

• Genius Genius x 1