Dumaguete Info Search

Health & Wellness medical insurance

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by charlyB, Mar 16, 2016.

1. charlyB

charlyB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,141 / 335
    Can anyone recommend a local firm that does medical insurance to cover hospital bills, we have an international one that runs out soon but the claiming and approval system they use is a bit complicated.

2. Best Answer:
    Post #6 by Gabrielle_K, Mar 16, 2016 (5 points)
    Alternative Answers:
  3. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,215 / 1,090
    Charly, Have you looked into Philhealth also?

4. OP
    OP
    charlyB

charlyB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,141 / 335
    I think philhealth only pay part of the bill, we are looking for total cover, when i was working my employer had us covered under BUPA but it's very expensive.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,215 / 1,090
    Not too sure you are going to Find a local Company that do this unless it is along the lines of BUPA. I will ask Azon Later which one their Company uses. It may well be for Commercial us only and I would hazard a guess expensive But I will inquire :thumbsup:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    Not sure that you will find that. Every medical insurance company I have looked at has small print that says "claims due to pre-existing conditions not covered" Which I have learned means: If you have any diabetes or high cholesterol or even high blood pressure and that is diagnosed as the reason for the hospital stay then the claim will not be paid. Every foreigner I have visited in the hospital had one of these or similar problems and every one of the doctors said it was a contributing factor.

HOWEVER, I did discuss this exact problem with the finance manager at Silliman and she recommended Caritas Insurance as the one Silliman prefers that their customers have. She said the best insurance was group insurance and we may be able to get this if someone organizes a group (perhaps the Dumaguete Expats Forum Group?) and arranges for group insurance.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Gabrielle_K

Gabrielle_K DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +198 / 39
    Best Answer
    Try Blue Cross - west of Silliman Hospital and very near the intersection at the highway on the south side of the road (just up the road from SUMC). They are probably the only insurance company other than PhilHealth that covers you past the age of 65yo. Policy premiums appear to vary depending on how much coverage you want.

I'm not with them-but did stop by and talk to them once

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,215 / 1,090
    Wrye83
    Just as a thought, we were discussing this today at Lunch , we have a few Ideas, let me talk to the Boss when I have rested and Watch this Space. It could be beneficial to all. :thumbsup:
    Wrye83 I will PM you later about this :wink:

9. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    You had lunch with a mouse in your pocket??? :2rofl:

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,215 / 1,090
    question-mark.jpg meaning What exactly? lets get seriousness please, jokes are jokes But..........:shifty:

11. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Meaning nothing really, must be just an American saying. As in when someone says 'we' instead of 'I' but doesn't mention anyone else a typical reply (more often by 8yr olds) is "we? you got a mouse in your pocket?". Sorry if I offended in the translation, was just being silly.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1