Dumaguete Info Search

My Apologies if I have offended anyone

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by john boy, Dec 25, 2023.

1. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,181 / 233
    Before logging in to the forum today,
    Little did I know I would be restricted from any futher comments in the thread
    "Boring Auld Bar-stewards", I found this notice at the bottom of the page...
    ... ..."You have insuffient privileges to reply here"
    I was contacted a couple of days ago, regarding my use of bible text and themes when posting replies and was cautioned once again not to do it.
    So I would like to make it clear, that it was with no deliberate intentions to offend anyone and I will refrain from the use of such text in the hope others will also stop bashing Christian Churches or belief's,
    My apologies once again if I have offended with my postings let's hope that next year we will see an end to all that troubles this world.....JB

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,413 / 1,264
    Dear J B
    Your postings are thought provoking and appreciated by many.
    Moral and ethical topics always get a fair number of responses. Often good discussions follow.
    From my experience whenever politics or religion comes to the surface, vitriol and division follows.
    Something that makes this particular forum good is that neither is allowed.
    Regardless carry on.
    Merry Christmas.

Peace on Earth and all. Trust me religion and politics will not be part of that.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +2,024 / 1,093
    Any and all restriction has been removed in the spirit of the New Year and no need to refrain, but Religious, Political comments in most cases will be moved to controversial. Attaching links to such topics in open Forum may very well just get deleted. Merry Christmas John and a Happy New Year to you and yours!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,636 / 2,899
    I can't say I am not religious as religion is a belief in something that recognises a power but does not state what that power is. I may look through one side of a 6-sided box and you look through another - but we very likely see the same thing inside.

So even though I may not 'see' the same God as you do John, I see the same messages. We live in a world where people kill for their own limited view of religion but I am content with how your messages are spiritual and come from a good heart. They are as far from offensive as could be and so I would be concerned to see someone who only writes good things on this Forum being limited or his thoughts hidden from us - on the contrary, most of us would benefit from MORE of it.

It is not what we write that matters but how we read it.

So Merry Christmas, John, on this Christmas Day and KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

• Like Like x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2023
  5. God Bless Texas

God Bless Texas DI Member

Ratings:
    +295 / 17
    I couldn't agree more with "NMRN". I may not copy and paste scripture but I do appriciate JB's topics and how they make me contemplate an answer.
    If they need to be moved to controversial - so be it- at least we will be able to have a discussion and provide viewpoints from people from many nations.
    It's a learning oppertunity regardless of how old we are.

JB - keep doing the good work you were called to do, please do not bury your talent.

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,586 / 1,017
    Respect and support JB

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,181 / 233
    I can't thank you enough for your support Guy's
    The older I get, the more I wish I could change the world for the better.
    If I have opened one or two hearts with anything I've posted, I will of achieved something.
    Whatever your beliefs may or may not be, we are all part of the same human race.
    All it takes is to love one another and forgive others as we would like to be forgiven.
    May we all find that peace and joy in 2024, wishing you every happiness JB

• Like Like x 6