Dumaguete Info Search

Feedback ORANGE WINDOW ???

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements & User Feedback' started by kelpguy, Apr 8, 2015.

1. kelpguy

kelpguy DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +678 / 92
    is there an ''opt out'' for the orange windows that appear in the upper right hand of the page? i've got the contents memorized and backed up in my hard drive so it'd be nice to be able to log in or out without having to close the orange window 1st.

thanks dustin, great job on the forum...

• Like Like x 2
  2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,796
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Is it blocking your ability to log in? It should be placed between the "Log in or Sign Up" button at the top and the "Sign up now" button just under it. Once you are logged in it should not be there at all. If you have cookies enabled in you browser it should stay closed when you close the popup. At least that is how it is "designed" to work.

What browser are you using? I also just noticed there is more than one Orange box. What does the notification say?

3. OP
    OP
    kelpguy

kelpguy DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +678 / 92
    i'm using firefox 36.0.4.

screen shots attached

thanks...

Attached Files:

4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,796
    Blood Type:
    O+
    On the second screen shot look at the bottom of the box and it says "dismiss notification". Have you tried clicking that?

• Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    kelpguy

kelpguy DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +678 / 92
    a better term for ''opt out'' would be a ''don't show me this window again'' option.

i have cookies enabled but i'm constantly deleting them and clearing the cache.

ok... here's what's happening to me now:
    when not logged in, i'm getting the window until i click it off and then it stays off.

logged on:
    there's no orange window since i clicked on that microscopic text in the bottom of the orange window that you pointed out.
    but... i get the orange window again when i log off.

it's all fine with me, so don't waste any more time on it, dustin....

6. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,796
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Using the "disable modification" and clicking the "X" at the top right should provide the same function. I have disabled the style change notification (it has been up long enough) and I have made the guest notification dismissible (that was my original intention, I just didn't check the little box in the settings).