Dumaguete Info Search

Vehicles & Servicing questions

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by charlyB, Sep 9, 2024.

1. charlyB

charlyB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,143 / 335
    I was looking for a car battery charger and got a shock at the price and size of them here, twice or three times the price and size of one in the UK.
    I found a smaller one in umateyo for 2500 but then the salesman asked me the question, how many plates does my battery have as this charger is only good for 7 plates or less.
    How to find out, no mention of plates on the battery label ?

2. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +2,023 / 1,093
    Find out the voltage of the battery and if it is a standard size battery or a compact 12v battery. Each battery, manufacturer will be different. They can have 7,9,11,13,27,29,plates depending on the metals used in the plate and chemistry. SO..... Google your Brand name, voltage, and model or number of that specific battery...... eg: DYNAMO, 12 INCH, 12 VOLT, ITEM #7ar8 Full specification / plates. Also google battery shops in Dumaguete, pull in and ask by showing them the battery 1st hand in your car or vehicle.

3. Senjenbing

Senjenbing DI Forum Adept Veteran Marines Navy

Milliways - at the end of time and matter
    Ratings:
    +444 / 199
    I bought an old style 12V/24V charger from Lazada for about P600 + delivery and it works fine

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Restricted Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,221 / 1,090
    Most 12 volt car batteries have 6 cells with 2 plates per cell 6x 2 is 12 per battery

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2024