Dumaguete Info Search

Regrets

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by PatO, Aug 15, 2023.

1. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,563 / 1,017
    Regrets, I have many. One that bothers me today is that as an adult, I never stretched, not for sports, not for the gym, nothing. As a result, I am a stiff and sore old man.

• Like Like x 1
  2. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,161 / 230
    Pat, I too still have morning stiffness, trouble is its all in the wrong places!
    Never under estimate the positiveness you give out, you are an inspiration to us all.
    As George Burns once said...." If I'd known I was going to live this long, I would of taken better care of myself"
    To reflect on past life is not a bad thing, while we all have some regrets, everything is a learning curve on a sometimes differcult journey.
    Continue to be the inspirational person I've come to know, "Old Lives Matter" and the occasional massage helps! ......JB

• Like Like x 2
  3. DAVE1952

DAVE1952 DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,095 / 219
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    I also have morning stiffness in the right places, but once I have a pee it has gone.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. kelpguy

kelpguy DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +675 / 92
    hey pat...
    thanks for getting me back on the stretching wagon; i was getting a bit lazy about it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,627 / 2,895
    I never did sports at school or as an adult - bar a few times with ping-pong.

I spend most of my time sitting at home.

I have normal Blood Pressure and no illnesses at present. Then I did a test with a machine that measures fats and muscle, etc - it said I was 15 years younger than my actual age.

So: Is is better to be active and wear out the heart, joints (etc?) or be more sedentary and preserve them?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dutchie

Dutchie DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 123
    Blood Type:
    A+
    The sedentary will argue exercise wears out the body, whereas the active will say it keeps you in better shape.
    I long tried the sedentary part, but the ensuing bad shape seems to argue for a more active lifestyle :wink: