Dumaguete Info Search

ACR iCard Renewal ACR-I Card 13a after 5 years

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by KINGCOLE, May 26, 2015.

1. KINGCOLE

KINGCOLE DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster

RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +984 / 443
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Has anybody had experience of renewing an expiring ACR-I Card 13a.

If you are unaware there is printed on the rear of the card, the following.

Date Issued Date 00-00-0000 & Date Vald Date 00-00-0000, on the rear of the card which covers a period of 5 rears.

2. sntmig

sntmig DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +121 / 17
    Search the forum..You can get the forms at BOI in Dumaguete but you have to submit to Cebu or M..Miguelanila

3. OP
    OP
    KINGCOLE

RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +984 / 443
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I know you can get the forms at BOI Dumaguete or online, but I was wondering
    if anybody had gone through the process and what was their experience.

4. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,222 / 1,090
    Some time last year one of our longer serving members did this, there is quite a Thread on it which I can't just locate right now, However there was a story to it about fines and things about Addresses, I am sure that he will pick up on this and let you (us) know

JP :bag: :wink:

• Like Like x 1
  5. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,583 / 1,017
    I renewed my 5 year old permanent quota visa last November. I put in a couple posts on the forum last December. I had to go to Manila BoI, AKA Manila Zoo. The problems I ran into were that during the valid 5 year period I changed my address from Makati to Dumaguete and I also changed my marital status from single to married, and did not notify BoI of either change, so I was hit with significant fines. Also, Day 2 they told us we had to get the local attorney near there and pay for affidavits for both changes. Additionally, we had to go upstairs and get a copy of the record for the original ICard I got there. Lots of running around, long lines, and frustration, and heavy fines for me. The only good part was when they told us we had to come back in 7 days to pick up the new card, we told them I am handicapped and can not make another trip from Dumaguete so they agreed to mail it to me and I got it in 2 weeks.
    I imagine if my renewal had no changes it would have been less painful and took less time. You can send me a conversation if you want more details. One more heads up, traffic from the airport to BoI is horrific and might take 2 hours.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. denpet

denpet DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +351 / 96
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I renewed mine in Cebu, as I'm living in Santander, two years ago. No problem at all. Only downside is they only issue the cars in Manila, so it would take 2 months to get the new card. A waiting time during which they keep your original card (technically they force you to break the law, as you should at all time carry your card). Good to keep in mind is if you have to travel abroad before you receive your new card that you secure a reentry permit, or you will loose your 13A on return.

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. OP
    OP
    KINGCOLE

RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +984 / 443
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Thanks for the advice. It is always better to get someones personal experience, rather than what should happen. I will get mine done in Cebu, but will get a photocopy of the ACR laminated before I surrender it. I believe that they are supposed to give you a receipt when they take the expired card.

8. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    I did mine in Cebu last year, make sure you have all your annual renewal receipts and two 2x2 photo's. It was just less than P3,000. I also went to Dumaguete BI and got a signed statement that all my renewals were paid.

Cebu BI gave me a whole stack of papers including the receipt and was told to come back in 4 weeks. They said they had no budget to mail it to me.

Ask for their cell number to confirm your card is there before you return and take all the papers not just the receipt, they will require and keep them all.

When I did my 13a, one of my receipts was missing and it was a real hassle and P5,000.

Good Luck.......

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: May 26, 2015
  9. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,222 / 1,090
    :thumbsup: Cheers Ron, nice to see you Posting again, Hope all is well with you.

JP :bag: :wink:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Turbota

Turbota DI Member

Retired Military Pilot / Fed Civil Service
    Ratings:
    +107 / 18
    This is kind of an old thread, but I have a related question / questions:

I also have a 13A visa and am a Permanent Resident. I am now living in the US, but do still come to the Philippines using my ACR-I card showing that I am a Permanent Resident. That keeps me from needed a round trip ticket or an 'onward' ticket when I leave the US for the Philippines. Of course with the Permanent Resident status, I can stay in the PI as long as I want too without needing those extensions every 2 months.

The last time I left the Philippines was 8 months ago. I paid all fees to Immigrations prior to departing the PI, so I was up to date on everything.

The problem now is that I am going back to the Philippines on a one-way ticket again within the next week, but my ACR-I card is now more than 5 years old. It expired 4 months ago while I was in the US ... I should have renewed the card before I left the PI the last time I was there, but didn't.

1. Will I have a problem at the airport when I enter the Philippines with an expired ACR-I card (since it expired about 4 months ago)?

Again, since my last time I was in the Philippines was less than a year, I should not be a problem with that. I understand that the actual 13A / Permanent Resident visa is in fact 'permanent' ... it's just that my card is now older than 5 years.

2. When I get back to the Philippines, is there any way that I can renew this expired ACR-I card without going down to Manila? ... I know when I got the Permanent Resident status / ACR-I card 5 years ago, my wife's lawyer in Bacolod took care of it so I did not have to appear at the main Immigrations office in Manila at all. (this time we will not be going to Bacolod, so I can't use this lawyers services anymore).

3. I guess the Immigration Field Office in either Subic or Angeles City can't do this for me?

Lastly ... If I enter the PI with this expired ACR-I card, but don't renew the card for the 6 months I am going to be back in the Philippines ... What problems do you think I will have when it is time to leave and go back to the US with my still expired ACR-I card?

Thanks,
    Ron