Dumaguete Info Search

Resolved: Something I "Like"

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements & User Feedback' started by Rye83, Sep 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,796
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I noticed that vBulletin has combined the "Like" and "Reputation" functions. When you like someone's post now it seems that they will get reputation points now. I "like" that. There is no "unlike" button, so don't ask to have that added, it's not possible.

• Like Like x 3
  2. oztony

oztony DI Senior Member Blood Donor

Ratings:
    +211 / 39
    I just gave a like to that post but cannot see that it was recognised , I just checked and the like showed up , but it doe's appear to give an unlike option , just a question on reputation , when you get time , how can someone like JP have no reputation with that many posts and likes , is it because people report the post or what , it just seems that one of our best contributors has been duded a bit (alot) somehow . (when you have time) Thanks

• Like Like x 2
  3. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,215 / 1,090
    Bottom right Tony by the like icon but it doesn't say who liked it..

• Like Like x 3
  4. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,215 / 1,090
    Hmmmmmmmm[​IMG] just a Hiccup I guess I count 2 likes and only 1 showing! :confused:

• Like Like x 2
  5. oztony

Ratings:
    +211 / 39
    I liked seeing who liked , no doubt a lot of tweaking when things settle , I like to know how much sleep Wrye has had in the last 24 hours , cmon mate tell us?

• Like Like x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,796
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Good question. I have no idea how they wrote the code for that. It appears that the likes from the old forum are not being taken into consideration for rep points here, I could complain to vbulletin but it would likely fall on deaf ears.....as everyone else's complaints has. They already got my money, that's all they care about.

I think I can still add rep points via the admin panel. Most of my time in the admin panel has been spent trying to find crap that they have moved around....and then once found, trying to figure out how to get it to work. Again, front end looks great, behind the scenes....it's bad....really bad.

• Like Like x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,796
    Blood Type:
    O+

You can still see who liked a post. Just click on the number next to the like. The names will pop up next to the number.

• Like Like x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,796
    Blood Type:
    O+

I was up for most of the 48 hour install. When I went to sleep last night I had been up for 30 hours. That isn't out of the norm though and doesn't have that much to do with the site. I have just never kept hours like a normal person. (I would, and have, gotten fired from any job that requires me to work a regular shift. Of course the Army can't fire you.....but let me tell you, I was the push up king! They had to find another way to punish me.....which was sit ups.....man I hate sit ups.)

• Like Like x 4
  9. baltoed

baltoed DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +18 / 6
    It just takes a little time to update.. IF you try to like it a second time because you thought it didnt *take*.. It will tell you you can not do it twice

• Like Like x 1
  10. oztony

Ratings:
    +211 / 39
    I notice there is no "thanks" option , that one use to add some punch when the crew were serious about something . I just noticed that even all the old PMs that I had deleted came up here resurrected , so just deleted again , imagine that , from the start of this site years ago , all the old deleted PMs even showing back up , boy what a lot of data!

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.