Dumaguete Info Search

Retirement Visa SSRV Courtesy Visa

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by vonmark, Aug 8, 2024.

Tags:
  1. vonmark

vonmark DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Need to help... now that BI got a new memorandum and asking those foreigners that are just doing extension to apply for long term visa.

My partner pass all the qualifications. 63 yes old ,10 yrs in service as Navy , pension is 1000 + . No criminal records. The only question and make him so worried he was honorable discharged with disability. He got depression. Will he still qualify for SSRV Courtesy Visa!?
    Hoping that anyone can help us clear it.

Thank you

2. Best Answer:
    Post #2 by Crystalhead, Aug 8, 2024 (4 points)
  3. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +2,023 / 1,093
    Best Answer
    A mental disorder without associated harmful behavior is insufficient for finding inadmissibility! He is also protected under Philippines law to not be discriminated against in regards to admissibility. Also if the diagnose illness was over 3 years ago, that also plays a factor to exclude even the fact that it existed. Many many Foreign Countries also have no obligation to even make aware to the Philippines he indeed was diagnosed with depression. Why even bring it up! Unless they are demanding long term history of medical records, he should keep it to himself. Apply and if you stumble and hit a road block there is also a waiver process (a form to fill out) and I highly doubt you would need that,

4. OP
    OP
    vonmark

vonmark DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Thank you so much. I really appreciate it..

5. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,576 / 1,017
    US military discharges are as follows:
    • Honorable Discharge.
    • General Discharge.
    • Entry-Level Separation.
    • Medical Discharge.
    • Other Than Honorable Discharge.
    • Bad Conduct Discharge.
    • Dishonorable Discharge.
    • Dismissal (Officer Discharge
    If his DD214 says honorable, so be it, else it probably would have said medical. I had a medical problem at time of discharge but received Honorable.