Dumaguete Info Search

Steak

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Ten Twenty Lenny, May 29, 2012.

1. Ten Twenty Lenny

Ten Twenty Lenny DI Member

Ratings:
    +109 / 3
    After being here 6 years I finally found a good steak, filet... bacon wrapped at a place called Mooon Cafe behind Robinson's..Funny thing the place was packed when I went to it and the restrarunt next door was empty that was a good first sign...A tip .......... order the Shrimp appetizer.... Butter n and Garlic Sauce....... along with it, then use the Shrimp sauce with your Steak ,,, A Killer!!!

2. grandpainak

grandpainak DI Forum Patron Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +700 / 163
    Did they charge you extra for the Garlic Sauce and the Shrimp sauce? We went there some time ago for the Mexican dinner. They charged extra for the salsa! That is the equivalent to Mac Donald's or Jolly Bee's charging extra for Ketchup. We have not returned for fear that they might charge extra for salt & pepper!

3. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    Yaa Lenny you told me about that the other night. I will try it Thursday. I don't care if they charge an extra P20 or P50 for something extra I order as long as the food is good. I keep hearing there prices are very fair.
    Ron

4. Gass

Gass DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    complainers not willing to pay what they order extra get a free tortilla:

[​IMG]

5. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    The problem is consistency. One Filet Mignon may be wonderful, the next one too tough to eat.

Larry

6. OP
    OP
    Ten Twenty Lenny

Ten Twenty Lenny DI Member

Ratings:
    +109 / 3
    Steak

What I am saying is..you buy the Shrimp appetizer 159P and the sauce its served with, you can use with your steak when served, it's really awesome. (My Opinion)...I have had 2 steaks Filet .. bacon wrapped there and both were excellent....

7. ilovedum

ilovedum DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You been living under a tree Lenny LOL. funniest thing I've read on this board. Guess you don't get out much. Just ribbing you of course. Yes the tenderloin they serve is great along with: Baby Back Ribs, Fajitas and a bunch of other dishes.

8. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    Not every dish comes with salsa, some do at no extra charge. But when prices are low to attract customers you gotta nickel and dime where you can.

I personally love Moon Cafe, but these days try and aim for the one downtown as the Robinsons Moon Cafe is always packed at night. They really should move to a bigger venue, or kick out the fried chicken place next door and take that larger space.

9. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    We have been eating in moon cafe in Cebu for years, in Balamaban and the newer one in Ayala. We have never had a bad meal out of either. So far have been disappointed every time we have been in the Dumaguete branch.

Larry

10. firefly

firefly DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    Are you sure about that? Balamaban don't exist.
    There is Balamban North of Cebu but quite far from Cebu City, but i think you mean Talamban.