Dumaguete Info Search

The Year 1962- Black Saturday

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by john boy, Jun 17, 2023.

1. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,181 / 233
    Have we really learnt anything from the past, I got to thinking when was the world last faced with the situation we all find ourselves in today.
    Check out the 10 top news items that year.....oh and Bobby Pickett & the Crypt-kickers were number one 0n Billboard on the 27th October 1962 with "The Monster Mash"

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2023
  2. Dutchie

Dutchie DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,744 / 123
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I had to look up the "Black Saturday" with regard to 1962, the Cuban crisis didn't really register with 10 year old me at the time.
    Am more familiar with Black Monday (October 19, 1987), when the Dow lost 500 points in a single day, or close to 23%.
    Black Tuesday also refers to a stock market crash, but the one in 1929, that preceded the Great Depression of the 1930's.
    Black Wednesday was the Sterling crisis in 1992, that forced Britain out of the ERM.
    Black Thursday another stock market crash, this time the one on March 12, 2020.
    Black Friday refers to the Friday after Thanksgiving, a shopping event originated in the USA.
    Black Sunday is still waiting for a big enough disaster to capture the imagination.
    For weekdays we may need to apply other colours than Black for future events.

• Like Like x 1