Dumaguete Info Search

Visa Question Visa for young disabled vet?

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by DustinReed, May 16, 2015.

1. DustinReed

DustinReed DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Hello all,

I'm 29 and a 100% T&P disabled vet. I'd like to move to the Philippines once my house in this rural city out in the Southern USA sells. I'm interested in retiring there, but according to the SRRV immigration visa I have to be over 50. What advice can you give someone who is only 29, has a pension, and would like to live in the Philippines?

Thanks in advance.

2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    The ages for the SRRV is 35 and 50. They both have different financial requirements you must meet. You won't meet the age requirement for some time yet so might as well forget about that type of visa for now.

How many times have you visited the Philippines?

• Like Like x 1
  3. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,563 / 1,017
    The Quota Visa does not state an age requirement on the Bureau of Immigration website; however, if interested in this, you should contact the Philippines BoI. A Quota Visa is a permanent visa renewable every 5 years. You probably know that the U.S. Veterans Office is in Manila.
    Thank you for serving. Which branch were you in?

Good luck with this and keep your questions coming, as needed.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    DustinReed

DustinReed DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I was in the Air Force, PatO. I've never been, Wrye. I just always wanted to live in a foreign country and anywhere else would be difficult to get VA meds so I figured why not go where a VA clinic is?

5. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,563 / 1,017
    The VA in Manila can mail meds to you here, once you are checked out with them. You will find lots of information from guys here. Many getting VA support.

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    If you have never visited the Philippines I would recommend holding off on an immigrant visa for awhile (I would recommend spending at least 2 years in the Philippines before you go for anything like that). I would recommend getting the LSVVE tourist visa in when you fly through Manila. This will let you stay in country for 6 months as a tourist and you will have the ability to extend it later on (I believe you can stay up to 3 years not on a tourist visa). The Philippines is not for everyone and you will have to adjust to life there.

I have posted some information about this visa and uploaded the forms to the forum so you can download and print out before you arrive. Long-Stay Visitor Visa Extentions (LSVVE) | Dumaguete Info
    Get out of Manila as quickly as possible and remember it is not representative of the Philippines as a whole. It is really a freakin' cesspool.

Other than living overseas what are your interests/hobbies? Different places in the Philippines will appeal to different people/interests.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. TDCNINJA

TDCNINJA DI New Member Veteran Army

Bum
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I've been living in the Philippines on a tourist visa since October 2005

I left once for 5 days to Thailand in late July/early August 2015.

I have to leave the country by August 3, 2015, because that will be my 3 year mark.

As long as you leave the country every 3 years for at least 24 hours, you should have no problem.

• Agree Agree x 2