Dumaguete Info Search

waste of money

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by charlyB, Jul 4, 2024 at 3:41 PM.

1. charlyB

charlyB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,128 / 335
    It seem's strange to me that Dumaguete and surrounding area's are getting so much roadworks when in my view the roads they are tearing up and in some places making almost impassable for months on end had nothing wrong with them before.
    Two places for example on the road north, beside the ford showroom and past Sibulan heading to and past Jo's chicken inato seafront restaurant, we went there for lunch and i have never seen so few customers there, probably down to the present state of the road.
    From memory i can't say i ever thought these roads needed repair, in a country with no budget for this and no budget for that then why fix what's not broken ?
    Call me cynical but i tend to suspect that the contractor doing the work may be a relation of whoever decides on these things :cigar::wink:

2. ShawnM

ShawnM Living the dream, Plan B ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Senior Construction Manager
    Ratings:
    +1,760 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-
    My wife has been complaining about this for the past few weeks now...she has her theories. I think it was early 2009 when I first went to Tanjay/Dumaguete and I don't remember since then where there wasn't road work...15 1/2 years.

3. RR_biker

RR_biker DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +749 / 109
    I simply see it this way, money has to go around from one bank account to another bank account so that by the end when the job has been finished a lot of people are happy from the contractor to those doing unskilled labor.