Dumaguete Info Search

Weddings and Fees?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Brian Oinks, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Does anyone know if you have to pay Local Officials to use a Beach or a local Park to get married in? We are wanting a very low key Wedding out in the open towards the end of December with immediate Family attending, no big affair, something simple with a scenic backdrop (hopefully in Maluay) then we will head back to the Family's place for a small reception with Family members. We are not wanting a large Reception, Alcohol or all night celebrations, just nice quiet and romantic :wink:

My main wish is for a nice backdrop where we can Marry and a Photographer who can take NICE pictures, no need for extravagant Movie Star settings, just nice and simple. :wink:

Cheers, Brian.

2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,222 / 1,090
    :confused: I am really not to sure, that you can marry in a Public place as you post, A quick visit to City hall Hall or the Halls of justice (This is where you will get your Marriage Contract) each will tell you, where and where not you can marry. Having said that my friend, You are Hardly going to have a "QUIET" Wedding, if it is held in a Public Park

3. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    I believe one can marry anywhere that they can get someone to officiate. We were married on the beach in Sibulan at San Moritz. However, this was 10 years ago, and it was VERY difficult to get a judge to do it at the beach, they all wanted to do it in chambers. New legislation has since passed where in order to be married by a judge, you submit your names to a lottery, and the judges draw for it. I believe now one can only be married by a judge IN CHAMBERS.

However, other persons can marry. In addition to priests, mayors can also officiate over a wedding in their jurisdiction, as well as ship captains on their ship.

I'm guessing it can still be done, but it was difficult ten years ago, and will be even more difficult now.

Larry

4. OP
    OP
    Brian Oinks

Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Thanks I will get her to go to the City Hall in her Barangay to ask there... *Fingers Crossed*

5. OP
    OP
    Brian Oinks

Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Another Question? Just talking to my asawa to be; I mention a Marriage Celebrant and she has no idea what I am talking about... She only knows that the Mayor or a Judge can Marry us, is there such a thing as a Marriage Celebrant there who could do this and Marry us in our choice of place/setting?

Thanks in advance.

6. niskivich

niskivich DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Brian,
    My wife has bought a new professional photo camera and wants to have some practice badly. She's not a photographer just a beginner. So in case you want some extra pics made in a simple manner like a photo report or smg and you are ok with a young girl hanging there with cam pls let me know!
    Thanks and congrats in advance

7. OP
    OP
    Brian Oinks

Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    That would be GREAT Thank you :D

My First Wedding when I was 19 was covered by a mate's little Brother who worked in a Camera Shop, but as I later found had never worked behind a Camera, my Second Wedding was a Surprise Backyard affair and very few had Cameras so it was mainly Pictures taken with Mobile Phones. Back then CP quality was poor at best.

This is my Third, "Third Time Lucky" and I have put a lot of effort and years into making sure I have the right Girl this time, so for keepsake I would love to have 'nice' Pictures, so I am on the lookout for someone local to Maluay/ Zamboanguita/ Dumaguete who are capable of taking nice clear Photos in bright Daylight (or possible torrential downpour lol) to Shadows and Night time shots at the Reception :D

But if your Wife would like to give it a go for practice, I would be more than happy to accommodate her, in fact, I am very handy with Adobe Photoshop and have LOADS of Plug-ins as well as Templates she could use for Photos for Weddings, Children, Parties etc, I would be happy to give her some pointers as well as Teach her how to use the Templates in Photoshop and how to work with Images, it could go a long way towards adding to what she can offer others once she gets a hang of things... :D

I will be in contact closer to the day, again, yes and thank you mate :wink:

8. nice_sherwood

nice_sherwood DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    i got married in sydney through a marriage celebrant and i know what your talking about but its different in the philippines, no one has the license to marry anyone other than a judge, mayor and a priest otherwise the marriage will be considered null and void. congratulations to the both of you :-)

9. roadking

roadking DI Member Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I got married 23 years ago in our house , then in Manila , by a judge.
    So marring where you want has been around a long time in this country...

10. OP
    OP
    Brian Oinks

Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Thank you nice_sherwood :smile:

Asawa to be told me only a Judge or Mayor could officiate as far as she knows, we have decided against the Church due to our thoughts regarding how she was treated when her long term BF hit the toe leaving her holding the Baby, as I understand it; it is the Mother who bears the shame and ridicule there, not the deadbeat who pisses off with another woman, so we would like it to be a Wedding without 'Judgement' and how WE would like it to be... I will still try to line it up for the 31st of December around Midday leaving the Judge/Mayor plenty of time to attend their obligations (Parties) after we are done :wink:

We have spoken further and as jackpeterson said; Marrying Publicly would most likely attract too much attention for what we are wanting, so will most likely hold both the Ceremony and Reception at the Family Home keeping things low key and not leaving a trail for the Seagulls to follow back to the Lechon :D hehe