Dumaguete Info Search

What's important in your life and why?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by john boy, Nov 25, 2023.

1. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,181 / 233
    Sometimes we all take things for granted, everyday routines and habits.
    But do you ever pause and think, what if something happened to you and your life suddenly changed and restricted some of the things you give little thought to.
    What are the real things in life that are important you?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,222 / 1,090
    It did John, I had a stroke, Not as bad as a very good friend of mine but enough to Finish My Career and Forced Retirement 1 year early, sometimes it is pointless dwelling on things because in my case I never saw it coming :bag:

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 3
  3. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,876 / 1,030
    Blood Type:
    A+
    My wife and my health are important to me/us. We can't afford medical insurance so we look after our self's best we can with strict low carb diets.
    If I get a life threatening cancer which runs in my family. I'm screwed. See you on the flip side.

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. OzeMike

OzeMike DI Forum Adept

Retired
    Ratings:
    +624 / 46
    Blood Type:
    O+
    The important things in my life are my Filipino wife and step son who I love dearly. My end game is focused on leaving them a good future...for that reason like Jim I do all I can to remain healthy to avoid big medical bills.
    My knee injury this year has curtailed my outdoor activity including golf which I really miss...but count my blessings compared to others health issues.

• Like Like x 4
  5. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,586 / 1,017
    My goal is to stay alive long enough for my 12 yr old to go to college and to support my dear wife and him financially, as long as I can. Absolutely nothing else matters to me.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,181 / 233
    Having the ability to bounce back when you take a fall, whatever that may be, stems from your own positiveness.
    Health is a major factor for all of us, especially as we get older, mental health is also important, as we are seeing the younger generation struggling to cope with the pressure of life.
    A recent operation on my left hand prevented me from driving for six weeks, having to rely on others I quickly realised the importance of family and friends.
    Living in a community that cares is a God sent these days , when most people dont know their neighbour's.
    You may not be thanked for it, but while you can, do good to others anyway.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. God Bless Texas

God Bless Texas DI Member

Ratings:
    +295 / 17
    My faith
    My family
    Anything else in this physical world is temporary. They can be taken away by a typhoon, tornadoes, confiscated by the government, or just deteriorate over time. Nothing I own is really mine, I'm just being permitted to use it for a little while. This includes my body which I didn't treat so well for a long time.

• Like Like x 2
  8. danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,483 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Myself LOL

9. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,636 / 2,899
    You write about your knee and Jack about his stoke and we give LIKES! I know you are aware why that is - but would be useful to have a more neutral rating for such purposes.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1