Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Scabies (cause and effect)

1. tunji oluwajuyemi

tunji oluwajuyemi DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +47 / 0
    1)]I had constant supply of scabies or something just like scabies in philippines and even got a sure case of scabies in Thailand along with my very first battle with bed bugs ever, in Thailand. I stayed in the same infested Chiangmai hotel room all month but kept 4 day and night vigil killing, tracking and spraying into the cracks.. No more bed bugs after the first week and I also washed every thing i owned in treatment solution ..
    I got scabies from riding in pedicabs and jeepneys rubbing elbows and knees with people... bought sulphur soap and selsun blue shampoo to help ,but it was hard on me with the sulphur overload i already had from the volcanic smoke for years prior in hawaii.. Even the sulphur in onions gets to me these days...
    The itchy bumps always came around if i laid off the treatments... I started soaking all my clothes in dog shampoo before washing and rinsing in my regular routine... I also sprayed my bed down with the stuff..
    It was bad on my North Negros mountain retreat bus route, people loved to stand by me on the bus and up against me ,especially the Ceres bus conductor ... I would itch on my shoulders every day where they leaned against me.. I would treat it every day to keep things from growing... Eventually the bus conductor showed up one day covered from head to toe with whatever was itching my shoulder.. My regualr daily treatment spared me more agony but it was just too toxic to have to do that every day just to keep from being covered in scabies..I still have scars years later to this day of all the itching bumps i got on my shoulder sides. I still have one itchy spot on my back, that exact center of my shoulder blades spot where i cant reach to scratch, that spot i got in philippines almost 3 years ago and still itches some times like some mite is embedded in there holding down the fort..
    I keep up on things by using natural or organic soaps with tea tree oils, i would use neem oil natural soaps, all good for keeping down parasites in a less toxic way...
    I may be scarred for life but i made it out of there alive..
    Another thing was ,every time i went to a mountain village and stayed a while, i would see the girls gathered in groups picking at each others hair, it always turned out to be lice grooming... I saw that in a mountain village in the south by Bayawan.. I saw the same In the mountains up north above Bacolod... So i always went to buy a "carton" of lice shampoo because i couldn't just treat the kids around where i was staying, i had to buy enough to treat the whole school where all the kids of the village mingled/exchanged bugs.... i just shaved my hair down regularly and used lice shampoo once a month as prevention..
    Scabies and lice everywhere there where they cant afford treatment not even an extra bar of sulphur soap or an extra batch of lice shampoo...

• Like Like x 2