Dumaguete Info Search

Where to Find Best Posts in Thread: Does anyone know where rice hulls can be purchased?

1. kelpguy

kelpguy DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +673 / 92
    Best Answer
    dave...
    there's a rice mill just a bit north of Anaheim lumber, same side of the road, in fact, on a clear day, you should be able to see it from Anaheim.

i think the name is Flores Rice Mill but don't hold me to that. it's before the hiway curves and you should be able to ask most anyone in the area for the rice mill.

they provide sacks IF they have them but best to take you're own. p25 for a 50kg rice sack but the little woman wiggled the price down to 4 sacks for p80.

be sure to take ur personal wiggler with you to make the deal...

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    Thanks Norm for the information. I always like to have my personal "wiggler" close by.....:wink:

There are at least four guys here that are interested in visiting you little gardens there. Is there a good day of the week for you. How is the best way to get there vehicle wise?
    I would like to have you walk me through the "non-smelly" fish emulsion and some of the other unique things you do .

@kelpguy
    @DavyL200
    @alex
    @roodog

• Like Like x 3
  3. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Try the rice mill opposite malatapay market. Last I heard they were around p5 a sack.

• Informative Informative x 3
  4. kelpguy

kelpguy DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +673 / 92
    dave...
    opppsss. major misspelling on my part, it's Amihan Lumber, not Anaheim.

OK... i'm sure you've driven by Amihan and the rice mill a zillion times but you must drive like me, never taking my eyes off of the roadway for fear of hitting someone.

Amihan lumber is just a bit north of Black Pearl, same side of the road.

going north from bacong, see the attached map, it looks like the rice mill is only a couple of doors north of Black Pearl and Aniham is just before the curve/dog leg in the road.

Amihan Lumber
    422-7896
    dealer in gmelina, mahogany and coco lumber.
    they have a band saw and planer.

i'll get back under my rock now.
    norm : ))~

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. kelpguy

kelpguy DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +673 / 92
    ok, roodog is planning on coming up around 9am, this coming friday morning, could yáll join him on such short notice? is there some way we can plan without cluttering up the forum, maybe email with ''reply to all.''

keep in mind that we DO have those (insert cuz word here) bunhoks which shouldn't be a problem as long as you stay in the designated ''safe'' areas.

and our (tropical) garden is a learning/growing process for us and it's summer so things are down a bit but i could do a show and tell on making some of the korean natural farming inputs and our worm farm and rain catchment, etc....

''the best way to get there vehicle wise?'' would be a chauffeured vehicle with big soft tires.

• Like Like x 2
  6. alex

alex DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

EXPERT BOLA BOLA
    Ratings:
    +1,296 / 1,129
    I use them to break up this heavy black soil i buy they seem work well, i would like to know if the change the ph level of the soil . maybe they dont as they dont break down . I also use them as a ground cover to keep the moisture. I got mine fron roodog in bacong .

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1