Dumaguete Info Search

Showcase Best Posts in Thread: Naturally Negros: Quality Organic Products by The Deaf

1. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Some on here may of heard of this guy in zambongita called naturally negros, he has a face book page called the same!
    A Canadian guy who produces organic pork products and veg and herbs, we have been using him for several months now for our ham,bacon sausage and eggs which is the best I have had here so far.
    He also has a small shop in zambo and will also deliver around the area, it is a non profit organisation and he only employs the deaf. I have some price lists here if anyone would like one or you can call algen for deliveries on 0936-809-9593
    Canadian bacon p500kg
    Cured n smoked belly bacon p400kg
    Cured n smoked ham p450 kg
    Breakfast sausage links p400kg
    Tenderloin p300kg
    Ribs p200kg
    Just a sample of the list and I know a few of the resorts and bars are now using their products.

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Doug Clutton

Doug Clutton DI Junior Member Showcase Reviewer

Doctor of Audiology
    Manga, Mayabon, Zamboanguita, Negros Oriental
    Ratings:
    +41 / 0
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Thanks for your interest everyone .... Yes we have our own pigs and our Deaf team does the butchering - sort of like in the diagram above but a little more evenly split into 3 sections from the backbone to the rib tips. Baby back are what we may have available from time to time since the other ones are snatched up quickly by resort/restaurant customers. With increasing production, we are hoping supply all of your requests - do text 09936-809-9593.

By the way - All bacon is Php 500/kg - Canadian and "belly" or rashers (strips). That belly bacon is tough to slice just right :-) ALL DELICIOUS! Tocino now available (after 3 days curing - first batch today!) Check us out on facebook! Naturally Negros.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 4
  3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I think they guy has his own pigs and butchers them himself. You could probably request any cut you like.

[​IMG]

http://amazingribs.com/recipes/porknography/pork_cuts.html

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 3
  4. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,591 / 2,888
    A pity - I used that shop when I was in the region.

Not only great products, but such pleasant and welcoming people running the shop.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Doug Clutton

Doctor of Audiology
    Ratings:
    +41 / 0
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Just an update from Naturally Negros. Due to some animal husbandry concerns, we have discontinued (hopefully temporarily) our hormone free chicken, goat milk and cheese products. We continue with our selection of mango preserves, pickles, sauerkraut etc and of course our ever popular pork products. Drop in to see us! Thanks to everyone for all your support of our efforts with the Deaf.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Doug Clutton

Doctor of Audiology
    Ratings:
    +41 / 0
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Announcing the GRAND OPENING of our Dumaguete Store!

Thursday May 21, 2015 - 3pm

Room #104, Lupega Building - Dr. V. Locsin Street Dumaguete City - along the covered walkway leading to the Immigration office.

Guest Speaker - Rev. Albert Mercado & his wife Missionary Min Sim Kim Mercado - both Deaf. President and Dormitory Directress respectively, Philippine Immanuel Churches of the Deaf, Inc., (PICD, Inc.) our mother organization in Bacolod. Naturally Negros is a fully owned subsidiary of PICD, Inc.

Interpretation provided for those of us who want to hear the commotion!

Should you wish to make a purchase ... we'd be pleased to serve you. Come celebrate with us!

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  8. alesypalsy

alesypalsy DI Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 5
    Thanks for the "heads up" on this business, I had a kilo of Canadian style bacon and eggs and they were delivered

i been having the best English cooked breakfast at home everyday since i arrived,

Reasonable prices for a quality product and much what was needed here! great stuff and will be ordering regularly
    thanks for good service and your input into the local community

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Doug Clutton

Doctor of Audiology
    Ratings:
    +41 / 0
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Thanks to all the wonderful people who supported Naturally Negros over the years! Sad to say we closed at the end of May, 2020 ... so all that remains is some herbs, lettuce, quail eggs and chicken eggs which are tended by the 3 remaining Deaf workers. Pick up product only at the "pilot site" in Zamboanguita. Past the center of Zamboanguita - over 2 small bridges, turn right at the gas station at "crossing Bancolutan" and proceed 3.2 km up the hill to a blue set of houses on the left side.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  10. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    I just took at look at the place today after my last failed attempt to find it. Some nice looking stuff in there and plan to head back with my lady when we have a chance soon. Felt fairly embarassed though at first talking to the deaf workers assuming one of them wasn't deaf as I figured must be hard supporting customers w/o being able to speak. Then after figured it out still finding myself talking while using my hands to try and ask questions, but hey I got my questions answered so all good.

• Like Like x 3