Dumaguete Info Search

Home & Garden Best Posts in Thread: Pyrethrin

1. tunji oluwajuyemi

tunji oluwajuyemi DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +47 / 0
    I learned to use shampoo with Sulphur content or selenium sulfide in dandruff shampoo to take care of scabies and wash my clothes to keep mites from itching on me..
    The sulphur content shampoo was from the US... All the dandruff shampoo(head and shoulders?) in philippines had a different active ingredient and it was pyrethrin.. I used it but wasn't sure, so i found sulphur soap in bath bar form at the pharmacies...
    I found pyrthrins eventually being used in insect repellants and listed in write ups as the better alternative for having impact on pests without side effects on people... I even went as far as using toxic dog shampoo to ward off itchy unseen critters.. I always Washed my clothes with a dose of some thing to keep from being infested in my down to earth lifestyle rubbing elbows with people every day who had infestations on their elbows and more...

• Informative Informative x 3
  2. WATSISNAME

WATSISNAME DI Member

Ratings:
    +255 / 100
    Best Answer
    pyrethrin sprays are commonly used in agriculture, and are safe when used according to directions......GF mother come to visit and was covered in scabies, we bought a pyrethrin based cream to use, but since she was going to leave again in a day or so i didnt use it...think it was 5% pyrethrin based, so it is safe to use, as long as you follow directions......i would wash any fruit or vegies sprayed with it, but thats about all.....

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    It is a biodegradable compound commonly used as an insecticide. Chrysanthemum flowers contain the compound naturally. Not sure if the Philippines has those flowers....or how you would even extract it if they did.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1