Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Annual Car registration renewal - Urgent

1. Andrew

Andrew DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +151 / 57
    Blood Type:
    A-
    UPDATE: Went to the emissions place opposite Cangs Supermarket. Met Ernie. Great guy. Basically handed him the keys and walked off to grab a coffee! Returned 20 mins later - all done, with receipts from LTO. Just have to return to him tomorrow to collect the papers. Doesn't get any easier than this. Recommended and well done to SP for the "Top Tip". Perfect.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. RR_biker

RR_biker DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +746 / 109
    The kind of service you are talking about is being offered by all or most of the smoke test stations against a "small" fee. The company where I renew my TPL is doing the same and the amount I pay for the insurance is much more competitive than the one offered by the smoke test station. But most important, you have a happy feeling and content about the service that was given.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Andrew

Andrew DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +151 / 57
    Blood Type:
    A-
    No. It was a JOKE!!! :smile:

• Like Like x 2
  4. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Cangs is out toward daro on main highway and the smoke test center is right opposite, Ernie is the guy who will do your smoke test, just look for the tall guy!

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,368 / 1,258
    I think you are coming from Dauin?
    Follow the national highway to DC, proceed straight through the market area and keep going north. (You are allowed to veer left and right a little to avoid pedestrians and tri-cycles).
    About a mile after the market on your left you will see a very large park and government building in the background, this is the Capitol Area.
    Just past the Capitol Area you will see Changs Dept Store on the left.
    The Smoke Test is directly across the street and set back from the road about 20 meters.
    As I recall the late penalty is not too severe.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1