Dumaguete Info Search

Marriage Visa 13A Visa/ Visa Question

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by Brian Oinks, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    My 13a was issued in Madrid (Spain in 2008) it took about 14 days and 2 Visits to Madrid (I lived then in GIBRALTAR) they did not want to issue it as I was a Brit and they said I should do it in London.
    After a few arguments and Phone calls to various Departments in Manila they accepted my Application and all went fairly well. It was then a Permanent Residence visa but nothing was said at all about having to be in the PI to do the yearly reporting. I did not come back to the PI Until June of 2009. So when I arrived at the Immigration desk at Manila Airport, I was reduced to a 9a Tourist again. I am still on this as there is a typical Bureaucratic stigma from Missing things. I get the Impression that Overseas Embassy's will soon No longer be able to give 13a's at all.

one thing for sure is that Mison has a bee in his Bonnet about this Reporting thing, I guess that as I did, if you do not Report on time each year there is a chance that they may Revoke your 13a Permanent or otherwise.

JP :smile: ( Ain't life just Great here! :huh:

2. OP
    OP
    Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Thanks Guys, I have just messaged the Philippines Embassy here, hopefully they will reply in Aussie time not Homeland time :wink:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    Good Morning Brian, maybe you will keep us up to Speed on this as I think it will of great use to us all. Cheers mate.:cheers: :smile:

JP

• Like Like x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Brian Oinks

Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Still waiting to hear back from the Philippines Embassy here...

Maybe I should also try the Embassy in the Philippines? Two stokers in the fire could be better than just the one? :smile:

Received my reply from Philippines Airlines, they do not sell tickets in Australia so I will have to go and see an Agency. This year I do not plan to pay the extra $1,000 in Gullible Tax like I was sucked into paying last year by an unscrupulous Agent in the Flight Centre... :huh:

May just go and tsart my email now to them, see if there is anything new required. :wink:

5. tomtorific

tomtorific DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 30
    I got my 13A while in country, but I returned to the USA prior to my 1yr probationary period to establish a basis for aking Asawa's Spousal Visa. Not sure where I stand when I return.

6. denpet

denpet DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +351 / 96
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Important is to know you have to do the annual reporting in Jan-Feb yearly, AND the renewal of probationary visa on the year after it was issued. Had a norwegian friend who missed the annual as he asked "Do I need to do anything before the renewal next year?" and they answered "No". When he came to renew, the revoked it as he missed the annual report.
    Strange though, as there are clear penalties for late annual reporting, so it should just be to do it, late, with penalty and all is good. You are allowed to be abroad 6 months at at time, so what if you leave on a 5 month travel in December?

7. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    You will get knocked back to a 9 (a) Tourist, this is exactly what happened to me, They say that we were told we must be in the PI at Reporting time. I was Told no such thing. No point in Arguing Though, as they always have the upper hand.

JP

• Like Like x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    Brian Oinks

Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Okay; Still waiting for the Aussie Philippines Embassy to email me back so I do not hold much hope of that happening at this time... :confused:

Went to try and get my Police/ Criminal/ History Clearance yesterday, the Office Lady was off sick and the two young Police Officers were simply fobbing everyone off with the same story that normally they are out in the car working, not in an Office, I got the same story so will go back next week to try and gain my Clearances, I want to get EVERYTHING so that there is no clearance left to apply for so that I have covered all bases...

Booked my Tickets, I fly out at the end of November, Flight Centre started with their CRAP acting surprised that PAL do flights from Oz to Manila and trying to find such information online, so I let them go a bit until it started to become annoying, then I presented them with my lil Black Book with no less than THREE available Flights out of the Country on Sundays, as well as five others leaving on week days, which really threw a stick in their Spokes! :lol:

So now it is countdown RUSH RUSH RUSH! Hmm? Now; Where did I put my Passport? :huh: SO MANY things to do and now I am tainted with being partially Filipino when it comes to tardiness... :worried:

• Like Like x 2
  9. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    Sounds Great Brian, I always Remember how good it felt to be on that Countdown so now you have a time frame to get those needed things.

Sorry if I sound a little Pompous here but it is not just Obtaining the Police clearance, something not mentioned a lot is the 2nd part of that requirement. It has to be Authenticated by the Philippine Embassy in Australia. I know of 3 people who have been knocked back because of that all important Stamp. It can not be Authenticated in the Philippines, apparently not even if it goes to Your Embassy here.

Odd but Dem's da Rules

I wish My friend I did not have to write that last bit but better you know this now (or at least be reminded of it) rather than Turn up at the BOI thinking all the I's are dotted and the T's crossed.

Not knowing the distance from you to the nearest PI Embassy ( Consulate) I guess this will be a Postal Job for you.

No matter what, I would wish you all the best and Bon- Voyarge! :smile:

JP:worried:

• Like Like x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    Brian Oinks

Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Hmmm looks like a Phone Call is in order then come Monday, I do not know why, but I would rather email then talk on a Phone, I think it is because I have time after to read what has been said versus what went in my left ear and shot straight out my rights ear trying to fit more into my head, since my head knock talking quickly turns to white noise for me... Hopefully I can Post mine in to have them sign it then send back as the rigamarole catching Trains etc when on Crutches with a broken leg is a deadset PITA! :(

• Like Like x 1