Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: 120 Years In Prison for 'Sex Tourism'

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    SPRINGFIELD, Mo.-- U.S. Attorney Tammy Dickinson announced today that a prior male sex offender was sentenced in court today for abusing five separate children in the Philippines.

Kenneth Gaylord Stokes, 71, a U.S. citizen who resided near the city of Cebu in the Philippines, was sentenced by U.S. District Judge M. Douglas Harpool to 120 years in federal prison without parole.

On Jan. 27, 2015, Stokes pleaded guilty to five counts of engaging in illicit sexual conduct in foreign places. Stokes was arrested at his Philippines residence on Dec. 3, 2012, and deported to the United States. He has been in federal custody without bond since his arrest. Stokes has a prior conviction for raping a 7-year-old child in the state of Washington.

[​IMG]

Man Sentenced to 120 Years In Prison for 'Sex Tourism' - Story | OZARKSFIRST

Guys like this just need to be put down. No sense in wasting taxpayers money keeping them alive in prison.

• Agree Agree x 11
  2. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    The most important and untold story here is, what happens to the victims? Unfortunately they probably won't receive much help in funds or counseling. These stories make me think that the expat community should create a fund to help the victims from these stories.

If there is ever a case for eye for an eye...

This is the sort of situation where the government could send a hit squad to this guy's house, loot all of his belongings, take him to the ATM, order him to empty his accounts and then beat him severely. Then drop him off in rebel territory in Mindanao with a tattoo of a cartoon of the Prophet Mohammad tattooed to his forehead.

Unfortunately, perpetuating violence is something we need to move away from. History shows that it doesn't work for stopping these people. The worst we could come up with is nothing compared to the horrific brutality he probably would have experienced not too long ago.

Old Croghan Man - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

People have been finding remains of bodies buried in bogs in Ireland which have been tortured, disemboweled, decapitated and a bunch more fun things. Maybe these guys screwed with the wrong people, yet that hasn't stopped others to do the same thing with the same results.

These people need to have their passports either revoked or their international movements closely monitored. Customs on each side need to be aware of who is passing through. I suppose we'll get there eventually. One day we'll have so much data floating about us that after taking a sh*t in the airport, the ticket agent will know to hand us diarrea tabs before boarding the plane. Privacy issues are a discussion for another thread.

The taxpayer issue could largely be solved if we were to quit locking up people who shouldn't be in prison and put more focus into dealing with the people who really should be there. People as jacked up in the head as this guy need to at least be subject to mandatory counseling (while locked up or not depending on the case.) I regularly fantasize about filling people with bullet holes, especially while on the road! But I don't act out on these fantasies. This guy acted out multiple times and that makes him a threat for as long as he is alive.

This is something the U.S. needs to take the lead on. I have the answers. Vote TheDude - 2016.

PS - Vote for me for U.S. president, not Philippines - or I'll be the one on the receiving end of the hit squads.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
  3. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    Sad to say but its what this country is doing to itself. It welcomes the worst of the worst because it allows the worst of the worst from its own citizens. While Filipino's have a lot of great qualities sex with minor's is not uncommon at all for men 10+ years older then them. Sexual abuse of ones own relatives especially in the mountain area's is common as well but not talked about as a taboo. I've known of an old case here in Dumaguete where an old foreigner was finding young girls at Negros Oriental High School and these girls were often 14, 15, 16 age range. He'd lure them sometimes with straight out paying for sex, other girls not wanting he would lure them in with promises of a job, and other such things but when at his house the girl was to shy and scared mostly to refuse. He is now long gone due to a foreigner who lived near him ratting him out. However one of his main arguing points of why what he was doing wasn't really bad was because there were plenty of Filipino men doing the exact same thing and some of them were the ones helping him establish his system. Filipino men who do these are just brushed off and ignored 99.9% of the time getting away with it as their aren't any headlines to be had, no money to be had, and the girls come from poor families that the officials really don't care about. Its that way of thinking and not protecting minors from your own sicko's that draw's in the foreign sicko's.

If the country wants to ever fix its problem with this and remove itself as one of the top sex tourism (especially child sex tourism) destinations in the world they need to start with cleaning up their own. Pass a law that makes the legal age of consent 16, 17, 18 or whatever they want to set it as but be a straight out law without gimmicks. Mass mandatory sentencing for child predators and enforce it strictly. I'd even mandate that twice a year every public school must with the women's protection division of the police have a private interview with every child (least every female child) at the school.

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. midway

midway DI Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +285 / 28
    Cases such as this make me go back to my default settings, the mantra of cook him long, cook him hard, cook him crispy is running through my mind after reading the article. I have to wonder how the guy ever got a passport from the US with a previous rape of a child charge on his record. I also have to question why someone who was convicted of that charge was allowed to continue breathing long enough to ever commit the acts that are listed in the article at a later date.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Kym

Kym DI Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 1
    Blood Type:
    O-
    There are paedophiles in every country - indeed from my research it seems its an issue at the apex of the power structures in most western countries. Refer to current scandal in UK house of Lords, and there was the rent boy scandal under Bush snr regime etc. Given how many westerners live in Asia its not like there is a massive proportion of paedophiles also. But one bad apple spoils the whole bunch as it were

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    [​IMG]
    Reeves

A fugitive in the United States facing a sexual assault case had been arrested at around 11:30 yesterday morning in Panglao by a composite team of US Embassy, Maritime Police, Bureau of Immigration, Regional Public Safety Battalion (RPSB-7) and Panglao police.

Panglao chief of police, Senior Inspector Joemar Pomarejos, identified the arrested person as Brent Allan Reeves, a 45-year-old US citizen staying in an apartment in sitio Das-ag in Poblacion, Panglao.

Pomarejos’ team joined Agent Bradley Fearn of the US Embassy, the team of Police Senior Inspector Jose Losbaños of the Maritime Police, Andres Sayoco and Raul Dayan of the Bureau of Immigration, and the RPSB-7 team in implementing the alias bench warrant issued by the 2nd Division Circuit Court Pulaski County, State of Alcansas against Reeves.
    US fugitive for sex case arrested here | The Bohol Chronicle | Latest News from Tagbiliran City and Around Bohol, Philippines

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    Step 1. Castration
    Step 2. That's your dinner scumbag
    Step 3. Daily buga buga

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. midway

midway DI Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +285 / 28
    • Informative Informative x 2
  9. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    I hear your points but this post is about the foreigner scum who come here and cast a dark cloud over us. How can we point to the local scumbags while we see weekly arrests of foreigners pedophiles? I don't have the answer.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    I wonder if this guy is left handed.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1